Anger

"You still want a ride to Nate's?" Mitch asked off-handedly, swinging his keys on one finger as Taylor and him walked towards his car after school. Taylor swung around, staring at him with wide eyes.

"Why would I want to go to his house?" She snapped, and Mitch stepped back, hands held in the air in surrender.

"Whoa, tiger. He's holding the senior's mid term party, remember?" Mitch chuckled at her expression, pushing past to unlock his car. "The way you reacted was as if you two had something going on."

Taylor forced a laugh, trying not to tense up at his words. She felt so guilty, not telling Mitch, but she couldn't bring herself too. She respected and cared about what Mitch thought, and she didn't want him thinking poorly of her because of what had happened a month ago. It had been a week since Nate had kissed her in the corridor, and she'd stayed true to her word, ignoring him when possible, only talking to him if necessary.

"Well, there isn't."

"I know, you would tell me otherwise." Mitch said confidently, and Taylor winced.

"What would you do if I didn't? Tell you, I mean." She asked quietly, and Mitch sent her a quick look as he was driving down the road.

"I'd be a little hurt, I suppose, but it's your secret, and I would respect that."

Taylor didn't know whether to cry and just tell him, or give him a major bear hug for being so amazing.

"You're the best, Mitch."

"I know."

Taylor rolled her eyes, laughing. He pulled up to her house, and she waved goodbye, checking the time on her phone. She had three hours until the party started, so she had plenty of time to get ready.

Two hours later, Taylor stood in front of her full length mirror and nodded at her reflection in approval. Her hair was left out, straightened so it was longer then normal, and her dress was a one strap purple dress that was tighter around the bust and flowed out down to mid thigh. Taylor strapped on her heels and walked out into the lounge just as Mitch let himself in through the door with Kally in tow. Her dress was a light pink, suiting her blond hair and skin tone.

"You ready?"

"Let me just grab my purse." Taylor walked into the kitchen, quickly filling Tigger's food bowl with cat biscuits and locating her purse on the bench top.

When they arrived, the music was already loud enough to be heard outside on the street. Taylor tried not to look nervous, because the last time she had been there...well, she hadn't exactly said no.

"You'll be fine," Kally whispered, as if reading her thoughts. Taylor sent her a quick smile, pushing the door open and walking inside to the already raging party.

Her and Kally lost Mitch as soon as he was through the door. They headed for the lounge, where most of the party-goers where centered. Taylor greeted some of her other friends, laughing and dancing with them for a while, until she realised with a sinking feeling, she'd been looking around for the one person she was trying to avoid all night.

He wasn't there, and for some reason it made her feel...disappointed.

Shaking her head, Taylor told herself to not be stupid. He was probably upstairs right now with another girl...a wave of jealousy hit her, and she almost stumbled with shock.

She was jealous now? Why? She didn't like him, she didn't have any feelings for Nate apart from attraction, but every girl could say that.

She was losing her marbles.

"I'm going to get a drink," Taylor yelled in Kally's ear, and she nodded, continuing to dance. Taylor pushed her way through the crowd, locating the kitchen. Sighing in relief, Taylor walked slowly towards the alcohol sitting out on the large bench, until she heard a moan. Turning around, she saw a girl plastered to someone's body, the male pushed against the wall, and the girl seemed to be having too much fun making out with him. Taylor squinted, then her eyes widened in shock, then anger.