Chapter 34 | The Forbidden Room

(It's hard to find gifs of just brent, so here is one of him as data <3... lol, a bit how I imagine him feeling last night with y/n... but a little less annoyance perhaps ;)

Y/n woke up to find her self buried in the blanket as it was covered over her head. She stretched her legs out and poked her head out from under the blanket squinting her eyes. Surprisingly y/n felt very well rested.

Looking at the room it seemed so much prettier illuminated by the golden light of the sun. Dust particles fluttered in the streaming light from the window by the door. Y/n started at it for a moment, wondering how a day could be so beautiful in the middle of November.

Y/n brought her feet out from under the blanket and onto the floor so she was sitting on the orange couch. She stretched and popped her back the best she could before standing up, her legs feeling cold, missing the warmth of the blanket.

She went to the bathroom then knocked on Mr. Spiner's door, "Mr. Spiner?" She asked the door, wondering if he was asleep still on the other side. She knocked again and called his name twice. all three times never receiving a response. Slowly y/n brought her hand to the doorknob and turned it. Opening the door to Brent's room, sunlight streaming in and illuminating the room. The bed was made and empty.

Y/n let her guard down for a moment, assuming Brent wasn't in his room. She took a step in and looked around for a moment. It was very clean, but bare and lacked much decoration. Did he have a family at all? Y/n thought, looking for pictures to find none. She didn't want Brent to catch her snooping in his room so quickly left, shutting the door gently and proceeding to the kitchen.

"Mr.Spiiiner..?" Y/n called when she got to the kitchen. She started to panic for a moment wondering where he could be. the kitchen was very tidy like the rest of the house, but still too bare for y/n's liking.

Y/n wandered around the house. She had come to the conclusion that Brent was gone... to where..? She had no clue. She snooped around downstairs not finding much, and definitely nothing out of the ordinary. Normal Landry room. A large brown desk was in his basement where you might put a downstairs living room. It had a large black chair and some file cabinets next to it. Y/n assumed this was where Brent did most of his work.

Throughout the more, larger room downstairs with the desk was an old record player on a small table, a box filled with records, sat underneath it. Y/n smiled slightly imagining Brent putting a record into it, he must use it often as it wasn't dusty at all. Then finally in the corner was a large recliner next to a bookshelf and lamp. Y/n noticed that Brent seemed to not own a TV. She admired him almost for this but was perplexed slightly at how he could manage that or why.

The final room in the basement appeared to be a small bedroom. It gave y/n and eerie feeling opening the door and searching for a light switch.

Y/n found it and flipped it up with a click. The light was delayed and turned on a second behind the switch. Almost as if it was very old, or hadn't been used in a while.

The room had no windows or skylight, and that's why it had been so dark. It was also filled with boxes. Big light brown, cardboard taped boxes. This confused y/n as she observed them. They were stacked 3, sometimes 4, high, filling the room. The boxes were visibly dusty and had clearly not been disturbed in some time.

Y/n chewed her lip wondering what could be in them... what would Brent need to put into boxes like this? Was he moving? But why are they so dusty?

Questions ran in y/n's mind one million miles per hour. She ran her finger over one of the dusty boxes then scrunched up her face looking at her now gray finger pad. Y/n wanted to open the boxes and see what was inside, but she knew that would be wrong, so she left the room turning the light off and closing the door.

----

Y/n proceeded back upstairs. Wondering if she should just leave... or wait for Brent to come back. She went into the bathroom and put her bra on then found her phone in Brent's room, remembering he said he would charge it. She went downstairs and opened the dryer to find her clean clothes in it, she put them on leaving Brent's downstairs, folded carefully and placed on the washing machine. Y/n assumed Brent had meant to be back before she woke up. She had only been up for an hour and it was now 12:00 pm.

Y/n remembered Brent saying he didn't have a guest bedroom. But there was still one bedroom upstairs that y/n hadn't seen yet. She pulled out her phone and texted Brent,

Hey.. where are you?
12:02

Slipping her phone back into her pocket y/n curiously approached the door to the unknown room. But when she tried to open it, it was locked.

"Locked?" Y/n said puzzled. Why would Brent lock one of his doors? Is it because I'm here, and he doesn't want me seeing it?... or does he always keep it locked? Y/n silently thought to herself.

Y/n's hand was still on the doorknob when her stomach did a flip. Last night when y/n got dressed in Mr. Spiner's room, a small gold-painted key had stood out to her. It had been on the nightstand...it could be the house key-because it sure looked like one. But she also couldn't recall seeing it this morning.

Y/n rushed to his room. Brent could be back at any moment
The black nightstand on which the key had been on was there... but no key. Y/n's eyes sunk to the silver knob on the only drawer the nightstand had.

She opened it to find a great deal of random small nick-nacks, but, one of them was the same key she had seen the night prior.

Y/n clicked her tongue, she knew this was wrong but couldn't help but feel a rush of excitement picking up the key.

"Come on now Brent... you'll have to do better than that." She said aloud in the empty room holding the key up to her face, eye level.

She walked back to the locked door and put the key up to it taking a deep breath. She slid the key into the slot, and it fit right in. Y/n chewed her lip as she turned it, and the door opened.

Y/n waited a moment, licking her lips... wondering if she should do this. This was a huge invasion on Brent's privacy, how dare she do this... especially after he helped her. But what does he have to hide that could be so bad? Y/n asked herself, trying to justify her actions.

Her curiosity got the best of her in the end, as she decided to just take a little peek. Y/n pressed the door and it creaked open.

And y/n's eyes grew big and her stomach twisted uncomfortably as she looked into the room, and realized, a little peek would not suffice at all.

------------------------------

(Sorry if this chapter was a little shorter/ weird. Might be some mistakes since I had to write this from my phone... but I will fix them ASAP in the next few days)