Chapter 1: Evan Campbell

I was grinning from ear to ear. No one knew what I had planned and I wanted it that way. I looked at myself in the mirror, straightening out my collared button down and I adjusted my blue slacks before pushing my blonde hair back behind my ear. Then I turned to the teal box on the sink counter and I was smiling even wider. I heard a small knock on the door before it slowly opened to reveal my little curly haired bundle of joy, Gabriel.

"What are you doing you monster?" I smiled coming closer as he crawled in the bathroom. Chris came running in as I picked him up with frustration written across his face.

"I swear I turned around and he was gone," he said before getting Gabe and looking at me more suspiciously, "You look rather well for someone just going to a graduation."

I quickly picked up the box before he could see it. He was balancing Gabe on his hip as he came closer still examining me as he said, "You smell expensive. Like Dolce and Gabbana."

"Maybe I just want to smell good," I state moving around him. Gabe was still laying on his shoulder, smiling without a reason why as we made it down the hallway to my room.

"I haven't seen you dress up since our graduation," he says letting my son down, "but you chose Marcus's to dress up?"

Chris has always been curious of my relationship with Marcus. He thinks that him and I are just meant to be with each other. Quite honestly...I think that too.

I smiled thinking about how long we have kept our relationship under wraps from everyone. It all started when Chris and Harry had come home for a short time during the summer and Chris wanted to keep Gabe so I could have some adult time. Also, in true Chris fashion, he told Marcus to come to check on me. That night, we finally had some alone time to talk. Then one thing lead to another and we made love.

We made A LOT of love.

It felt amazing to have him back in my arms. I didn't want it to end and I told him that I was ready to try again. I couldn't get over how bright he smiled. All 32 of his teeth were gleaming before he planted a hard kiss on me. We agreed to keep our relationship a secret to prevent everyone from getting into our business. The only living soul that knows we are together is Gabriel and he can barely even talk yet.

Since that night, everything has been blissful. Well, up until a few nights ago when he cried while we were talking in my car. He didn't want to tell me why but after that everything was back to normal. Well, as normal as a secret relationship can get.

It has been close to a year now and I couldn't see me loving nobody but him. I couldn't see myself loving anyone as deeply as I love him. Even thinking about it makes me want to cry but I don't want Chris to start asking more questions so I just smiled towards him.

Gabriel grabbed at my pants leg and I finally saw what Chris had put on him. He was wearing a nice gray vest with a blue-collar shirt underneath and blue jeans with his small feet in gray sneakers. I picked him up turning to Chris with my eyebrow raised. Even though he dressed my son extravagantly, he looked like he was going on a casual stroll with a black shirt and blue jeans.

"What?" He said with his blue eyes darting around him, "Is it something on me?"

"No," I said as Gabe grabbed on my shirt, "How could you dress him like this and you're dressed like that?"

He glared at me before he answered, "I threw something on because your child is uncooperative."

"Aren't most of your clothes in boxes though?" I asked him as I grabbed Gabe's diaper bag, "That would have been an easier excuse."

He rolled his eyes and stomped towards me before taking Gabe away with his diaper bag.

"I'll go put him in the car and you lock the house up," he commanded, "We need to hurry up to beat traffic and I don't want to hear Darrius's mouth if we come in late."