3

We were at the city the next day.  Papa was determined to convice this red viper that another thing would suffice.

I bit my lip nervously.  Moonlight buds were very hard to come by.  The prices of them was crazy. How did he come into possession of one ?croocked business im sure of it. He was a croocked man then.

Please gods,  convice this man to take the deals of what ever papa was tempting him with.

John was still cross about this whole thing.  He wouldn't look at father in the eyes but he atleast acknowledged him , that means he didnt hate him completely.  I leaned on John and he hugged me.

" dont worry.  If pa couldnt convince him......i could just kill the bloke and we'll be fine and debt free" he said and i frowned at him.

"And if people found out? They wouldn't want to trade with us anymore , they wouldn't buy from us. " i said and sighed.  I patted him and giggled.

" what if i kill him? Theyd never suspect the wife? Especially not such a small and innocent girl liked me " i said and flashed big doey innocent eyes at him , he chuckled and nodded.

"That's only if we run out of options. " he said and ruffled my hair.  I nodded and felt the dagger inbetween my breast in a leather strap i had under my shirt. Thisll come in handy.

We were both at a bar until we heard a commotion.  I drank my ale and turned to the scene.

In a flash me and brother had our swords out and rushed to our father on the floor. Infront of him was a tower of a man clad in armour and a huge sword aimed at my father. I kicked the sword away from my father and aimed mine at him and so did john.

" i guess it went badly" john gritted his teeth.

The man turned towards me and i frooze. I was tiny compared to him! He could not possibly want me! There were other women who were more compatable with him! Tall women ! He was huge! The armour only added to his hugeness.

I glared at him.

I heard laughter from next to me and noticed a crowd formed.

" look at this , a wee little lassy holding a sword to the red viper! Dumb bitch ! Cut her down red viper!" The man howled and cheered with his cup.

It happened way too fast for me to realize. The red viper man swiped his sword and cut the mans head clean off. The drink spilled and the blood gushed all over the place. I looked up but screamed as i was lifted up and i banged on his armour to let me go. I looked at john and father to see them hit and passed out on the floor. I worried and called out to them.

" theyre fine. I hit them with the butt of my sword" he grumbled and i frooze. His voice was so deep and raspy. He was scary indeed.

" why do you want me! " i said and squirmed in his arms . I had to flee.

" enough!" He yelled and i flinched and curled up. That was scary. I palmed the sword inbetween my chest.

He carried me down alleyways and finally we came apon a house. I assumed was his.  Every window was barred and his door had many locks.

Did he have other women ? It wasnt uncommen that men had more then one wife. When he opened the door a bunch of dust blew up. He seemed to never use this place. It was as if new , and unused. There was furniture but covered in white cloths . Who lived here? He brought me inside and continued to a closed room. I freaked out and decided now was the time to escape and kill him. I dug out my dagger and slashed around. He growled and yanked it out my hand as if yanking a stick from a child. I gasped and he threw me on the bed.