Chapter 6

It was only a matter of time till the day ended. Pony sat on the front porch and reflected on the events, decisions, and memories while watching the sunset. It was a small ritual he did most days; trying to soak in the glorious light of the sun as long as he could until the moon took over. He was so deep in thought, he gazed intensely into the dazzling colours. Today, it seemed, dusk was more enchanting.

Dallas looked out the window from the couch, staring at Ponyboy. He was enchanting, and soft. The hood's mind drifted of to a conversation that they had a few nights before.

"Ponyboy." Dally asked gruffly. Sleep beckined him and alcohol slurring his speech. "Why do you do all that soft stuff?"

The younger looked up at him, then stared off into the distance. Pony always thought before he amswered something like that. He was a smart kid, Dally was kind of envious of that.
"Watching sunsets?"

"Yeah, and poems."

Ponyboy looked down, and softly replied,"Because I like them."

Dally was hit suddemly with the beauty of Pony. He hadn't noticed how cute the kid was. The hood thought Pony only did that stuff to try to get a girl, but not for the simple fondness of it.
He smiled and tussled the boys hair. "You're too precious."

(Hey guys, i'm back. Sorry I took such a long hiatus, I lost interest in writing until i got an email commenting on my story which gave me inspiration. Your comments help me out alot. Thank you for reading this chapter. Have a nice day!!)