CHAPTER ONE

She is dragged into the King County Sheriff's Department, her hands cuffed behind her back, the hand on her arm belonging to Deputy Shane Walsh (otherwise known as Deputy "Dick-bag" in the mind of Eden –although it's not always confined to just her mind –especially when drunk, which it is very evident she is presently). She mumbles profanities under her breath, not being as discreet as she wishes, whilst stumbling slightly due to her very recent inebriation of a "half bottle" of vodka. Deputy Dick-bag – oh sorry Deputy Shane Walsh's hand on her arm is strong as he pulls her out of the back of the patrol car, slamming the door behind them as he pulls her along into the station, not caring about her drunken ability to walk, or therefore her lack of ability.

"Hey Deputy Dick-bag! Could you like maybe slow down a bit dude?"

"No, and I've told you before stop calling me that."

"Well, I would but Deputy Shane Walsh is just too much of a mouthful to say, whereas Deputy Dick-bag isn't ya know? I mean just listen to the beautiful alliteration of 'Deputy Dick-bag'" She says this with a huge smile on her face as she watches Shane's face crumple in annoyance. It just gets bigger as he tries to tell her off (key word being "tries"). "You know you love me."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do."

"Where on Earth did you get that notion from?" his face incredulous, but with a smile hinted on his lips, as he looks down at her. Eden wasn't small for her age, standing at 5ft 8" she was taller than most girls at the age of 17, but with Shane nearing 6ft, he had to look down to her.

Eden just smiles and winks as he pushes the door to the station open, a gust of warm air making her shiver in delight at being out of the cold wind when in just a navy camisole and some black shorts with fishnet tights underneath (not exactly cold weather appropriate). He pulls her over to the reception desk and signs in.

"Rick! Get your ass out here right now!" Shane yelled for the Sheriff, his partner and best friend, turning around to look at her, pointing his finger at her. "You've got some explaining to do missy."

"Is that so?" false curiosity soaks through her voice.

"Yeah that's so." He starts nodding his head maniacally.

Eden was about to respond when Rick walks into the room, sighing when he sees Eden there.

"What you done now Eden?" folding his arms as she opens her mouth to give an excuse when Shane interrupts her.

"Caught her vandalising property, and drinking vodka; the bottle nearly empty." Eden looks affronted as he says this.

"Oh, my life, I was not "vandalising property" I was making art, the vodka was letting my creative spirit free before you locked it back up. And, and the bottle wasn't "nearly empty", it was like half way down... at most." She looks between Rick and Shane, watching as they shared a look before Shane decided to take his leave, patting Rick on his shoulder as he walked through the station; "Good luck with this one today mate." As Shane disappears, Rick turns to a sheepish Eden, rocking on the balls of her feet as she waited for him to take her to his office like he normally does when dealing with her.

"He loves me really ya know."

"Is that so?"

"Yup, he can't get enough of me really."

"Keep dreaming sweetheart!" Shane shouts from behind the door he just walked through.

"See? He can't get enough." Rick just laughs, shaking his head as she smiles, gesturing to the door leading to his office.