Introductions

"Please, being immortal must be so... exciting." The French woman chuckled to herself as you sighed with your head in your hands. Widowmaker, or formally known as, Amélie Lacroix, sat across from you. The Lacroix family was an old... old friend of yours from your first visit to Paris. But now they are the only ones who know your secret. "You would think so... wouldn't you? Amélie." The way you say her name makes her smug expression dim to a small smirk. "Please, at least your adventures give you tales to tell. My missions only give me headaches and bullets." She let out a soft sigh as she dramatically put one of her hands to the side of her head.

Drama. It seemed to run in the Lacroix family, whether married into it or born straight from it. You had known Gérard Lacroix for... well, ever since he was born really. He was one of the only people that you considered your best friend while he was alive. It also might have been that the Lacroix's threatened to kill you or try to exploit you to some government if you tried running away from them. All of your adventures up until that point seemed to make you content, and you became the 'slave' to the Lacroix family. Gérard was the only person who was genuinely happy to keep you company.

"I know you didn't call me over here just to listen to me ramble on about my adventures... what do you want?" You sighed and leaned forward in your chair, the cushions trying to pull you back into how comfortable they were. "Yes... you're right. My company is hosting a formal this evening, and I don't want to be bored. Again." You chuckle. A formal? When was the last time you went to one of those? It was probably when Gérard attended his first back when Overwatch was a public organization. You knew that since the events that led to Gérard's death, you couldn't give up on Amélie. Though, with your old friend dead and his wife his killer, it was safe to say that it was time to escape from the Lacroix family. You spent your time hiding at Amélie's hideout in Annecy, France; though she wasn't around often with Talon sending her on missions almost constantly. So, it was up to you to clean and maintain the place. Amélie visited whenever she could, her humanity showing to you slowly with every visit. At first when she returned, she pointed her gun at your head. Really now. You looked her in the eyes with a soft glare and pushed her rifle away from your face. It all led back to drama... even if it was a real problem this time. Within time, you and Amélie would travel back to her family's ancestral home where she took comfort in wine and you in the furniture. It was old, but hey so were you.

"... Hello?" Amélie snapped her fingers in front of your face, your glossed over eyes starting to return to normal as you shake your head. "You went on one of your trips again, didn't you?" The French woman chuckled softly as she leaned back into her chair. "Yes... I was thinking back to when we both came back here from your base in Annecy." She smiles and nods her head, "Ah yes, I do remember that as well. I'm surprised that you didn't go any farther than that this time." You shake your head, "It's better that I don't talk about the rest. On the topic of this formal you are being forced to go to, I will happily attend to save you from this boredom." You smile and snicker as Amélie shakes her head with a small smile on her face. "Merci!" She spoke with relief as she seemed to relax after hearing your answer.

Though, what she didn't tell you was that the formal was later that evening, and that forced your talk with her to be cut short. Amélie quickly dragged you away farther into the estate. While the home had been deserted long ago, for some reason you couldn't remember and that made you blame the wine, but at least you were the one who continued to take care of the place. And because of that, you already knew where the French assassin was taking you. There was a fitting room deep into the estate, where you knew there would be a suit waiting for you. When she wasn't drinking herself away, Amélie was exploring the estate and remembering her days of living here with her family. She then took up sewing, which also ended with some expensive material being ruined. While it brought a smile to your face to see her basking in good memories, it also gave you something to bring up when she teased you for getting lost in your own memories. Though, to be fair, you have a lot more.