-thirty seven-

-Monday, noon-

I woke up late, still feeling sick, and I text Matt to let him know I'll be in soon. I sigh and remember that Sam asked me to help her with Totally Trendy today so I shoot her a text asking if we can film tomorrow to which I receive a yes. 

I get dressed and drive myself to work. When I get there, I go to orange base and to my office. Pat and Gunner aren't there. I hear people in the warehouse so I walk in to see Tanner, Woods, Mitch, Pat and Gunner all around the table. At first they don't notice me so I back up and just stand in the doorway, listening to their conversation. 

"So I was thinking maybe we should talk to Matt about it before I say anything" I hear Tanner say.

"If you think it's best" Mitch tells the guys.

"It's gonna be sad"

"I know but it's best for the channel"

"Yeah, who's gonna tell (Y/N)?" 

I don't know what they're talking about but I decide now seems as good a time as ever to cut in. 

"Tell me what?"

"(Y/N)! You're here!"

"Yeah, I'm feeling better so I decided to come and get some work done. So what's going on?"

"Well, Mitch is leaving REKT to pursue his career in photography and film."

"Mitch you're leaving?"

"Sadly, I'm gonna miss everyone."

"When's your last day?"

"Next Friday."

I sigh and look at everyone and all of them are sad, then Gunner's face lights up. 

"Mitch, we're going to throw a party!" Gunner says making all of us smile.

"Yea! Oh and Mitchell you better come visit sometimes too!" 

I looked at the time and saw that it was eleven-fifty two.

Wow, it's almost midnight. I guess I'm working all night.

I grab my laptop and my camera and I go to red base to hang in the theater room. At least if I'm in there and I fall asleep then I'll be more comfortable. When I get there, I set up my camera and start recording while I work to get that vlog content. 

"Hey everyone at home, it's currently midnight and I'm still at the offices yet again." I sigh. "When aren't I here? Anyways I have some big plans for Tuesday...er today and it's gonna be great." I'm working on a paper that Matt wanted me to do when I hear the door downstairs open. 

Did I not close it?

"Hello?" 

I go downstairs, guiding myself with the flashlight on my phone to guide me down the steps.

"Matt?"

"Hey, what are you still doing here?"

"What are you doing here?"

"I asked first!"

"I was working, now you"

"I was doing the same. What were you working on?"

"That paper you asked me to do. What are you working on at twelve in the morning?"

"A way to tell my sister that she's being promoted to supervisor"

I freeze and look at him, not believing him.

"Wh-what did you just say?"

"You're the newest Hi5 supervisor. I know you haven't been here as long as some people but you work hard and you deserve it. Either me, Tanner or Paul can show you the job today ya know, since it's now Tuesday, but just let me know."

I can't even think of a response so I just hug Matt. 

"Matt I don't know what to say. Thank you!"

"Love you sis, I'm headed home so I'll see you in a few hours."

"I'll be here working, see ya later buddy!"

Matt leaves and I go upstairs and work until it's almost three. I lay down after turning off my stuff and setting it on the table and then I pass out for a few hours until someone shakes me awake. 

"Hey wake up!"

"Cameron stop, let me sleep!"

"It's eight! Wake up!" 

I open my eyes and roll off the couch. 

"I'm awake!" I tell him as I stand up. 

"Barely!"

"Oh shut up Cameron!"

"No!" 

I roll my eyes and grab my stuff then head to blue base to talk with Matt. On the way in Woods catches me. 

"Is that what you wore yesterday?"

"Yeah, I haven't left since I got here yesterday."

"Have you eaten?"

"Not since yesterday. Listen Woods I love you but I have to talk with Matt quick."

"Do you want to go grab some food and get some fresh clothes after?"

"Woods I was actually going to ask if you had clothes I could borrow. I don't really have time today since I got some news last night."

"Uh yeah, they're in my car. Some sweats and a t-shirt in the back."

"Thanks Woods"

-

"Are those Woods's again?" Paul asks me as I walk into Matt's office. 

"Yes, I haven't been home since I got here yesterday for the fourth time today. Anyways I need to talk to Matt" I tell Tanner and Paul so they'll leave but they don't.

"What?"

"Matt who's showing me how to do my job?"

"Ah right, our new supervisor! Paul is, Tanner and I have a meeting."

"Okay, let's go Paul. I don't have all day."

"Later guys!"

"Thanks for all the help again Paul!" 

"Ask if you need anything!"

I go downstairs and I help Sam out with her video for her channel then I catch up with Woods who has ever so patiently been waiting for me all day. 

"Woods, would you like to go for lunch?" I ask realizing just how hungry I really was. 

"I'd love to."

"Okay listen here Woodland! I'm not trying that!"

"Come on! You eat fries with a milkshake so try a bite of your burger in it!"

"Fine! Only one bite!"

"You're gonna like it, don't worry about that!"

I dip my burger into the shake and take a bite. 

"Woods...this is AMAZING!"

"I know!"

"Why haven't I discovered this sooner?"

"You were uncultured, I have educated you!"

"Thank you kind sir!"

"Anytime my lady!"