Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven
Lucinda Of Celestials

"I understand, but I cannot just leave her here...yes, when she wakes we'll both go together; I'm sure she'd like to explore more of the palace anyway. Yes. Thank you." He hung up the phone, placing it on the nightstand and wrapping his arms around me once more. There was something different about him today, paired with that fact that when I woke up I wasn't hungry, I felt full already. What could that mean?

"Haggar?"

"You're awake." I groaned and burrowed further into the covers of the bed that also included Vladimir's chest. "They need me to...I don't know, run the Coven or something," he chuckled and I giggled. "I am needed in my office, but I would like to take you with me."

I sat up, pulling my knees and the covers up to my chest. "You would?"

"Of course! I want you to be comfortable in the palace so you can move freely." I smiled and hugged him, taking in his fresh scent.

"Thank you."

He stroked my hair and chuckled. "You're welcome, love. How about some breakfast?" I needed to know what was wrong; what was different.

"Vladimir?"

"Yes?"

"There's something different about you today. Are you alright?"

He frowned. "I'm perfectly fine. Are you?"

"Yes, I just felt something shifted emotionally, I woke up and I wasn't hungry."

He drew patterns on my arm, causing bumps to rise on my skin. "Is that a good or a bad thing?"

"I'm not sure. It's never happened before."

"So no blood for you this morning?" I shook my head and stretched, placing my feet on the cold floor. I walked through the bathroom and into my closet, still slightly overwhelmed with the elaborate set up of it all. I pulled out a strapless, white crop top, loving the silkiness of the fabric against my skin. I slipped on a pair of light blue jeans that were ripped from top to bottom, pairing them with nude heels and a pink jacket.

I walked out to see Vladimir on his side of the sink, shaving the slight stubble that had grown on his face

I walked out to see Vladimir on his side of the sink, shaving the slight stubble that had grown on his face. Looking at him this way, I realized why I felt a shift. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Vlad?"

"Yes, my little light?"

"I need to ask you something and I implore that you answer honestly."

He rinsed off his face and turned to face me, stroking my arms. "Alright."

"Do you love me?"

His eyes widened. "I-what kind of a question is that? Of course I love you."

My heart swelled with a foreign emotion and I couldn't control my body from flying forward and crashing our lips together. We molded together as one, my arms around his neck, my fingers tangled in his hair, and my lips in between his. Vladimir's arms slid around my waist as he pulled me closer to his body. A slight moan accidentally escaped me, triggering a groan of what I could only conclude as pain. I pulled away and frowned, looking at him. "Am I hurting you?"