I

To The Girl In The Corner

A girl in her early teens with long, wavy, platinum blonde hair, ocean blue eyes, at the height of five-foot-two sat down in her assigned seat for the class she had entered about ten seconds ago. The teacher began their usual plot for the lesson which happened to be the only subject the girl enjoyed: music.

"Alright class you know the drill, use the practice room and be careful with the equipment you use. We will be performing in front of each other towards the end of the lesson." The teacher said. "Holly's group can go into Mozart, Jay's group can go into Beethoven, and finally Betty's group can go into Chopin."

As that was being said the group had split up and headed over to the practice rooms that they were assigned. The platinum blonde girl with the ocean blue eyes had grabbed the equipment she needed, a microphone, and an amp. She plugged the amp into the socket attached to the wall and then put the lead into the microphone. She held it in her small, sweating palms. She was nervous, she'd never sung in front of anyone but her friend Amber who was also in her music group. Amber saw the tension in her friends face and gave her a reassuring smile which the blonde girl had returned.

"You'll do fine, Holly." Amber said to her friend, her eyes smiling from her cheeks. Holly simply nodded and waited for the guitarist to begin the intro of the song they were rehearsing.

After a short while, Holly began to sing.

"I took you home to meet my family
You asked if you could stay the night
Honestly I would not have minded, no
Till you gave my sister the eye.."

As the song went on Holly gradually started to become more confident in what she was doing. She closed her eyes, pretending it was only her and Amber in the practice room. She became more relaxed and her singing softened as they reached the second chorus.

"I thought i was your mister
But you just want my sister
Oh, why have you done this to me, baby..."

*+*+*+*

After a short while had passed it was time to perform in front of the other groups, Holly could feel her chest tightening as she realised she'd have to sing in front of her crush. She began to calm down as she talked to Amber about how nervous she was.

She then noticed a note on her desk, she walked over and sat down in the chair, opening the note and reading it to herself.

To the girl in the corner, you're loved, you're appreciated, don't let your mind be corrupted by the voices surrounding you. I believe in you. You can create wonders.

- Anon

=======================================

Alright then, that's that! Thanks for reading and don't forget to comment your thoughts and vote!!