seven.

"it's johnny, right?"

jaehyun asks.

he takes a step back, only a few feet away from johnny.

the blue sweater johnny had opted for today had suddenly become the worst decision of his life as he starts to flush all over, the sweater suddenly a little too thick for his burning skin.

johnny manages a nod.

"you're an art student. explain it to me" jaehyun says as he sits himself beside johnny. looking up at him.

johnny had little time to think straight,

"it's a sculpture, obviously" johnny looks between jaehyun and the piece, "made of marble in the late 4th century, y'know when marble was starting to get popular, anyway," johnny's words were falling from his mouth before he could think, "the carving is a whole other thing, it's so intricate and beautiful, always talked about. it's always been commended for the soft look it has to it, looks like it has a pillow texture. it's said to reflect what ever you want when looking at it, it gives your mind a clean slate in order to think clearly, so, uh, it isn't really anything" johnny finishes his words with a huff.

he looks back at jaehyun. jaehyun is giggling softly, johnny's stomach drops at the sight of it.

"they said you were passionate but i didn't realise just how far you in you were, it's sweet" jaehyun says, admiring johnny as he fidgets with his hands.

not losing eye contact.

johnny's features change, less nervous, now curious. who had told jaehyun about him?

jaehyun looks up to the sculpture, eyes focusing on the curves of the marble,

"now i feel silly, i've been standing there for a whole half hour trying to figure this out, before you got here" jaehyun speaks again, confidence flooding his honey like voice.

johnny's mind stops, nothing but jaehyun's word were flowing through it.

"i wanted to talk about it with you, yuta and taeyong told me you were coming here, but i guess luck wasn't on my side tonight" his voice slowed, "they told me you were a bit shy at times too, that's okay, i can talk enough for the both of us".

and that's how johnny's night panned out, listening to jaehyun's voice and looking at just how small he was under the warm lights of the museum. his soft, neutral coloured outfit only made johnny want to wrap his arms around him.