Chapter 3

I just wanted to say that I wasn't planing on continuing this, but I'm bored and have insperation sooo.... here we are.

—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—

"You stupid son of a bitch!" Vernon's voice boomed across the house, "I tell you to make me a ham and cheese sandwitch, and you come tell me that there is no ham?"

I will never understand how this was my fault, I thought, anger flaring up in my stomach.

"My mother was not a bitch!" I hiss, instantly regreting it.

"What did you just say?" Vernon snarled, grabbing me by the neck and lifting me off the ground.

"Nothing, Uncle!" I choked.

"Don't lie to me, you bastard! Now, tell what you said!" 

"M-my mothers n-not a bitch!" I answered, closing my eyes, waiting for the impact I knew was to come.

I felt the hands leave my neck, and I fell onto the ground, holding my throat, coughing and weezing.

"So, the brat wants to talk back? Well, we'll see what he thinks in a few weeks," Vernon grinned, his smile evil and demented.

He grabbed me by the hair, roughly yanking me off the ground. I nearly cried out from the pain, but I bit my tounge to keep quiet, knowing I would only get into more trouble. 

 Vernon dragged me up the staires, and threw me into my room. If you could call it that. I, personally, would call it more of a cell, with the lockes on the door and bars on the windo only add to the affect. 

"Now, boy, you are going to stay here for two weeks, alone. You will get food once a day, be let out to use the bathroom once a day, and get a water bottle twice twice a day." He explained, kicking me on the ground to 'prove his dominance' or something.

It was the beginning of everything.

He left the room, and around five minutes later, an owl came in, with a parcel and two letters attatched. Pig. That was it. Not that I'm complaining for the present, but its a bit of a downgrade from last year.

I opened the letter attched and it read, 

Harry, 

Happy birthday! I can't wait to see you, but until then here is a book to keep you occupied. I hope you've been doing your homework. I have so much to say, way to much to be told over letters.

Your friend, 

Hermione 

I smiled at the letter, hearing her voice. Wait. Doesn't hearing voices mean your going insane?

Shit.

I opened the second letter, automatically reconizing it as Ron's messy scrawl.

Harry, 

Well , mate, I hope the Dursley's are treating you right. Can't wait to play quidditch with you!

Ron

I gave a tiny laugh at the classic Ron, before grabbing the parcel. I opened it, finding a book. 

How to become an Animagus: Robert Hagilton 

I looked at it, my mouth open wide. I touched my hand to my eye, and noticed tears. I quickly wiped them away. 

An Animagus... I thought, just like dad and Sirius...

You know what, when I said before that Vernon locking Harry in his cell was the beginning of  everything, well, I lied.

This was the beginning of everything

WORDS: 521