A Hedgehog in Summer Camp

Sonic laid on the ground unconscious. Until he started gaining his consciousness.
"Ugh, my head. . .", he said, rubbing his forehead.
He sat up and looked at his surroundings. Everything was black.
"Where am I", he asked himself.
All of a sudden, two lights came through the darkness. There was a loud HONK. Sonic suddenly took off running until more lights appeared and realized that he was trapped by several vehicles.
Sonic saw that he was in the middle of some kind of road, luckily he wasn't roadkill.
He noticed strange looking lifeforms inside the vehicles, yelling and shouting angrily at him to move out of the way and honking their horns several times to see if he'd go away.
"What the heck is that thing", one exclaimed, "isn't it a bit early for Halloween".
"So these things can talk", Sonic said to himself, "why're they all yelling at me".
Suddenly another angry driver yelled out an insult at him.
"That does it", he said, "I'm outta here".
He suddenly jumped into the air, running on the tops of cars, getting away from their angry protesting.
He zoomed through the ongoing road, dodging passing cars swiftly.
Then he sped into a nearby wood, keeping hidden in the trees unless anyone else had seen him.
He slowed down his pace, now walking through the woods, looking up at the starry night sky above him.
'The sky looks familiar', he thought, 'so do the stars and the moon, but what is this place? How did I get here? And where are my friends. . .'.
Suddenly, he was snapped out of his thoughts by a strange sound coming from afar. It sounded like. . .singing.
He sped up again to see what it was. He leapt from tree to tree, until he finally got to where the singing was coming from, not realizing he passed by a sign that read 'Camp Skylight'.
He watched from above a tree, seeing what looked like youngsters gathered around a bonfire, roasting marshmallows and singing a campfire song.
"This must be what they call a summer camp", he said.
Then he noticed a large plastic bag filled with marshmallows.
He smiled cockily.
"I guess they won't mind if I snag a few", he said, he jumped down from the tree and quietly sneaked by, making sure no one would see him.
He finally reached the bag full of marshmallows and quietly grabbed two handfuls of them, then quietly sneaked off, not realizing that some fell from his grasp, leaving a small trail behind.
A young girl turned from the fire, seeing something go through the bushes, something with. . .blue fur?
Noticing a few stray marshmallows on the ground, she quietly got up from her seat, grabbed her backpack, and took a flashlight with her without being noticed.
Walkinf through the woods, the flashlight shining on the trail of marshmallows, wondering what had taken them from the bag.
Sitting above a tree, Sonic was munching on the last of the marshmallows.
Then he noticed a light, he hid behind the leafy branches.
He saw a young girl going through the trail he left behind.
Sonic tried to keep quiet, but all of a sudden the branch he was perched on suddenly broke off and he fell right on top of her.
Not knowing what to do, Sonic ran off.
"W-wait! Come back", the girl got up and ran after him.
Trying to keep up, she was impressed by his speed.
Sonic ran faster and faster, not seeing or caring where he was going, but hoped he'd get away from his pursuer.
But to his carelessness, he suddenly reached a cliff, losing his balance and was sent falling toward a large lake.
He fell in, causing a huge splash.
Reaching the bottom, he tried to jump out, but that didn't work. Then he tried running out of the water, only to be running in place.
He went faster and faster, but he sank to the bottom once more. Sonic wasn't going to get out of here, his swimming was no good, and he was beginning to run out of breath.
He was surely going to drown, but something jumped into the water and swam down. Whoever it was grabbed him by one of his gloved hands, bringing him to the surface.
Sonic was now coughing and sputtering out water, his lungs breathing the sweet, sweet air.
"Are you okay", a voice asked him.
He looked up a saw the girl he accidentally fell on.
"Uh. . .yeah. Thanks", he replied.
"I couldn't let ya drown, what kind of a person would I be to do that", she joked.
Sonic didn't know why but he just chuckled.
"Come on, let's get'cha dried off", she suggested, getting up and taking him by the hand.
But Sonic pulled it away, the kid offered to dried him off, yet he didn't know if he could trust her.
"Eh, I dunno".
"It's okay, you can trust me" she promised, "though can I trust you not to take anymore marshmallows".
She smirked at him.
"Well, okay" Sonic agreed.
                                   ***
"There, you're all dry now", she said.
"Thanks, kid. Though, did you really have to push me into that bush", Sonic asked.
"I can't let anyone see you, not even Diana can know", the girl told him.
He asked why.
She explained to him that people can be strange when they see something they don't understand.
"So the thing is that I have to hide from the whole world for the rest of my life", Sonic asked.
"No, it'll just have to be a while till people get to know who you really are".
"Alright then", he answered, "so, what's your name, kid".
"Bella, Bella Gomez", she replied, "what's your name".
"The name's Sonic, Sonic The Hedgehog", he said.
She complimented him by his name, then she climbed into bed.
"So, bed or floor".
"Bed, obviously", he said, hoping on top of the bed and curling up into a ball.
And in not a moment later, Bella heard him snoring.
She smiled.
"Night Sonic, see ya tomorrow".