comfort

tw // attempted sexual assault

Where the hell is my metro card?

I rummaged through my bag to find my missing metro card. Mary Poppins, herself, would be put to shame with the amount of things I had in this bag. I pushed through notebooks and folders and found nothing. People walked around me, some grumbling at me to watch where I was going. I thought I saw a glimpse of my card when I bumped into someone.

"Oh my god! I am so sorry, sir. I wasn't watching where I was going!" I apologized. I looked up and saw a 30-something man.

"That's quite alright, young lady." He looked me up and down, slowly and I instantly felt uncomfortable. I nodded and started to shuffle away from him. I resigned to just buying a ticket from the booth as my card was playing a "Where's Waldo?" with me. I shoved my hands in my coat pockets, feeling my phone in one and loose change in the other. I walked down the street thinking of all the work I had to do once I got home when I felt someone walking close behind me. I walked faster in hopes of losing whoever it was. I casually looked back to see my pursuer's face and saw the man I had bumped into earlier. Heart racing, I pulled out my phone and sped-dialed my boyfriend, Peter.

"Hello, my angel." He answered the phone, enthusiastically. Peter had to stay behind in school to pick out some books from the library. God knows, that boy takes his time looking at books about computers so I told him I'd go home and get started with my homework. He was hesitant to let me go home alone as New York City wasn't exactly the safest place to be but I assured him that I would be safe and smart.

"P-Peter." I stuttered, fear slowly overcoming me.

"Y/N? What's wrong? Are you okay?" His voice was filled with panic.

"Peter, there's someone following me. I'm scared." I whispered. i heard him curse and open his bag. There was scuffling and zippers being pulled. I assumed he was changing into his suit.

"Where are you right now?" I looked at my surroundings and saw that I was a few blocks away from school.

"About 5 blocks away from school, near the ice cream place." I heard the sound of wind creating static on the other line as Peter probably swung to my location.

"Okay. Stay there. I'm coming to get you." He hung up and I let out a sigh. I stood next to the ice cream place so that Peter could easily see me. I fiddled with my phone to relieve my anxiety.

"That your boyfriend you called?" I heard a voice whisper in my ear. I turned around and saw the same man from a while ago. I frantically looked around for my spandex-clad boyfriend. The man grabbed my wrist hard, enough to leave a bruise, and dragged me to a dark alley. I tried to scream but he covered my mouth. I attempted to hit him but he simply slammed me on the wall, making me hit my head on the wall. I groaned. "Feisty." He put his head in the crook of my neck and placed a slimy kiss there as his hands started roaming around my body. I screamed again.

SLAP.

The right side of my face erupted in hot pain.

"You better keep quiet or else you're gonna get it worse." He grumbled. Tears were streaming down my face now. Peter where are you. I thought. Just as he was about to unbutton my jeans, a web stuck to his hand. He looked at it confused before he was pulled back. He flew straight into the opposite wall. I then saw Spider-man drop down in front of me.

"Man, you must really not get laid a lot if you have to force yourself onto girls half your age. It's pathetic, really." Spider-man approached the man and webbed him to the wall. He was about to walk away when he decided to turn back and punch him square in the mouth. He faced me. "You okay?" I nodded, still pretty shaken up. "I'm going to take you home now, alright." I nodded again. He placed his arm around my waist and we swung off. I placed my head on Peter's shoulder and let the tears flow. Peter opened the window to my bedroom once we reached my house. He gently placed me on the bed and sat in front of me. He took off his mask and suddenly he wasn't a crime-fighting superhero anymore, he was just Peter. My sweet, caring boyfriend who'd do anything for me.

Peter placed his hands on my face and wiped the tears away. He rubbed comforting circles on my skin as he scanned my face for injuries. His thumb brushed my lower lip and I flinched.

"What's wrong?" He asked, worriedly.

"H-He slapped me."My voice was barely above a whisper. His usual warm eyes turned hard.

"It's bleeding. I'll get you some ice." He stood up to go to my kitchen. I grabbed his hand.

"Peter, my parents. If they see you-"

"I'll be careful not to get caught." Peter squeezed my hand and left my room. I hugged one of my pillows and leaned back on my headboard. He came back a few minutes later with the ice pack and a first aid kit. He saw me curled up with my pillow and sighed. "Come here. Let me fix it."

He sat at the middle of my bed and I crawled a bit to meet him halfway. He cleaned up the wound and placed the ice pack on my lip. After he finished, he gave me a kiss on the forehead. His tenderness made me want to cry all over again. And I did. Peter hugged me hard as I cried into his chest.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. You're okay. He's gone now." He tried to calm me down. He peppered multiple kisses on the top of my head.

"I couldn't get him off of me. His hands were everywhere. I felt so weak, Pete." I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"Shh, shh. It's over. I'm here, Y/N. I'm here. You're okay." He combed my hair with his fingers. We sat there in silence just content with being in each other's arms. Once I could breathe normally again, I pulled back and looked at him. I wanted to thank whoever was up there that they managed to give me this amazing boy that I did not deserve whatsoever.

"What's on your mind, beautiful?" He asked, using one of his many nicknames for me. I ignored his question and just leaned in to give him a long kiss. His lips moved perfectly against mine. Everything always seemed to fade away when I kissed Peter. I put all the emotions I couldn't voice out into the kiss: gratitude, admiration, love. When we pulled apart, we pressed our foreheads against each other.

"I was just thinking about how lucky I am to have you, Spidey." I said, answering his previous question. He chuckled and and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"I'm lucky to have you too, you know. You definitely keep my ego at the maximum level." I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Ah, there's the smile I love." I put my arms around his neck and placed my forehead against his once more.

"Thank you, Peter."