Part 1

Chirps of the birds could be heard with the start of a new day. As the animals and the birds basked in the morning sunlight, the leaves danced to the autumn breeze in the beautiful song created by the beautiful wind chime in her room.

It was a beautiful morning. Peaceful and calm in its essence.

"RAGINI!"

'Only to be destroyed by Mum.' she thoughts with a mental sigh since she felt too lazy to do it physically.

"Ragini! Ragu beta wake up! It's already past 8 a.m!" her mother, came and pulled back the covers. "You are the future Queen of this kingdom! What will you people say if you wake up this late?!"

"Maa! I'll rule just fine. I'll just make it a rule for everyone to wake at 8. Then, if no one wakes before that, it won't make me a late riser." she mumbled and grabbed for her sheets.

Shomi swatted her hands away and grabbed the pillow. "You're getting up. Like it or not!" she pulled it from under Ragini's head, making her head land on the bed with a thud.

"Maa!" whined Ragini. "Maa, please! Can't I skip today? I mean I have always attended all my study sessions on time. I've also taken the etiquette classes you wanted me to take so that I can become a good Princess. And I also went through our country's affairs. Let me rest today."

"No! The future Queen of Rewa can't slack off!"

"The Queen wants to be a potato for today and not do anything. She just wants to be petted and left alone for today."

Shomi rolled her eyes at her words. "Such a dramebaaz! I'm certain you got that talent from your father."

"Don't insult Papa dearest Maa." Ragini yawned and decided to sleep without the covers and pillow.

Shomi smirked. "So you forgot today is the day you will be leaving for the new College? You were supposed to leave at 8."

Ragini's eyes popped open comically at her words. "Oh my! Maa, why didn't you tell me before!?" she at once hopped of from the bed and ran towards the washroom. "You should of woke me up!" she quickly washed her face and put paste on her toothbrush. "How cwwld yow dw twhwt tw wme?! Wm wate, I'm wate!"

Shomi sat down with subdued laughter at her daughter's attempt to speak while brushing. She watched in amusement as Ragini rushed back in to the room and ran back-and-forth to finish her make up.

Ragini felt like panicking as it was already 8 past. However, looking around, there was still some packing to be done which she had left the prev night, thinking she would do it the next day. "Maa! At least help me pack! Why would you do this? You know how much I don't want to miss this opportunity."

Shomi laughed out loud

Shomi laughed out loud. "Ragini, you're forgetting something. It's 8. But 8 in the night that you'll be leaving. Not right now."

"WHAT!?"