twenty-two

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

THIS FEELING

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO[ N A T A L I A ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
[ N A T A L I A ]

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

TO SAY NATALIA was worried was an understatement.

Ever since Jason came back from his meeting with Notus, he had been controlling Anemoi (Venti, whichever) horses to send them to some place she didn't know. He had been at it for hours, and Natalia knew it must have been taking a toll on him.

During those hours, Natalia talked to the other members aboard the Argo II and read up on books about Tartarus. She knew that those stories weren't the whole truth of Tartarus. Only Nico, Percy, and Annabeth actually knew what it was like.

Suddenly, the ship stopped. Natalia closed her book and made her way up to the deck. When she got there, Jason was leaning against Festus, looking utterly exhausted. His arms were covered with blisters, making a frown appear on her face.

"Hey, Sparky," Natalia said, taking a square of ambrosia out from the pocket of her jean shorts. "Eat this."

Jason took it and ate it. The blisters began to fade.

"Thanks, Nat," he murmered. "How long was I—?"

Natalia thought about it for a moment. "Uh . . . about six hours."

Jason looked shocked. "The others?"

"They're all right, but they're tired of being below deck. Do you want me to tell them it's okay to come above?"

Natalia looked at Jason's exhausted state. Her heart broke a little, and on the inside she knew he didn't want the rest of the crew to see him like this.

"Give me a second," he said. " . . . catch my breath."

Natalia nodded and took his hand. Her other new weapon, Cal's jagged sword (Piper took Zethes') hung from the loops of her jean shorts. Of course, she still used her bow an arrow, but it was always good to have a back-up weapon. During their time at Notus' palace, Hazel had taught Natalia and Piper how to properly swordfight. Ever since Natalia was ten, her weapon of choice was always the bow she got from her mother. However, now that she was better trained with a sword, she could never be caught off-guard again.

Natalia felt Jason's gaze on her, and she smirked slightly. "It's fine, Jay. I'm okay. We're okay."

Jason went to respond, but Natalia rolled her eyes. She rose up onto her toes, clutched his shirt in her hands, and pressed her lips to his. As per usual, it felt like the entire world faded away. Natalia suddenly forgot all of her worries. All she could focus on was Jason at the moment.