Chapter 4

Jungkook

I sit up in my bed as I feel the buzzing of my phone. I throw my blanket every way possible before finally finding my phone and pressing the answer button. "Hello?" I said into it.

"Jungkook?" I hear Mr. Choi say at the other end of the phone. I clear my throat and sit up against my bed. "That's me." I answer.

"Hey, my man!" He says, being all buddy-like.

"Did you find something?" I ask him as I roll my eyes like Yoongi used to do. It's a new habit I picked up from him.

"Yes, actually." Mr. Choi said.

"Spill the facts then!" I said in a rushed voice.

"Calm down," he laughed into the phone. "It turns out that the number you showed us was actually traced to Yoongi's father's phone. Did you ever meet his dad or anything?"

I tried to remember even a slight memory about Yoongi's dad, but I failed to remember.. because Yoongi had failed to mention him. "No," I sighed into the phone. "Yoongi never said anything about his family, really." I said with realization. Did he not like his family?

"Alright," Mr. Choi said. He paused for a second before telling me to come to his office. He said that it would be easier to communicate that way, so I headed his way.

——

"I hate to be the person to have to tell you about Yoongi's personal life- with his family, but I figure you could help us." Mr. Choi said as he leaned his arm on his desk. "Yoongi's father has had many incidents with police. He's been arrested time after time and he just got out about eight months ago." He said.

"Do you think this has anything to do with Yoongi being missing?" I asked him. He nodded with a straight face as he pulled out another file from his cabinet. He threw the file onto his desk and I picked it up with no hesitation and opened it to reveal pictures, letters, and sticky notes all over the inside.

"That's his father," Mr. Choi said sternly as I looked down at the image. "He's been.. one hell of a man, I'll say that for sure. He never backed down from any trouble, and he certainly shouldn't be near Yoongi at the moment. After all, he's the one who called the cops on him."

"For what though?" I asked as I looked at the papers and flipped them over with surprise.

"Well, records say that Yoongi had called the police," Mr. Choi said with a sigh. "He called saying that his father was drunk and had hit him hard, leaving bruises and blood all over him. This was about three of four years ago. I can't remember how long he was locked up."

"Wait.." I said as I looked up at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Would Yoongi's own father get his revenge on him?" I asked.

"Jungkook," Mr. Choi leaned forward and looked into my eyes. "Yoongi's own father stole a car, robbed a gas station, cut some stranger's leg, and hit Yoongi when he was only still a teen, what makes you think he wouldn't do worse?" He questioned me sternly.

I squinted my eyes at the papers and set them back on his desk. "If we cant find Yoongi, I hope to God that you can at least find his father for me. I'd like to have a word with him." I said with disgust as I looked in his blue eyes.

Mr. Choi nodded his head and leaned back into his chair. "I can tell you for certain that we are trying our hardest to find traces of your boyfriend, Jungkook. But please, give us some time. It may be worth the wait." He smiled.

"It's been four months," I said with furrowed eyebrows. "I still haven't stopped loving my precious Min Yoongi." I smiled back at him.

——

"Let go, Let go!" I heard Hoseok yell at Taehyung as he laughed loudly while trying to escape Tae's hold on him. Taehyung had him locked in and was tickling him on the couch as I sat there with annoyance on my face.

"Maybe if you weren't so weak against me, you could break free!" Taehyung giggles.

"You two need to stop being such children!" Jin said as he smacked their legs. "We're supposed to be watching movies, not flirting."

Namjoon pulled Jin back to his lap and he snuggled into him as Namjoon held on tightly. Jimin giggles at the other side of the room as he looked at the tv with an intrigued face. I sat next to the other two love birds as they whispered into each other ears and laughed.

My phone suddenly buzzes in my pocket and I roll my eyes. I look at my phone to see that it's actually Mr. Choi and I freak out and grab the remote from Jin and mute the television. They all look at me with annoyance, but I don't care.

"Hello?" I say once I answer the phone.

"Jungkook, I need you to go to my office." Mr. Choi said quickly. "Go, it's unlocked. I'll explain why later. Just trust me." He said and then ended the call. I furrowed my eyebrows and got a weird look from everyone.

"Gotta go" I said as I ran out of the door. I didn't even mind listening to the calls of my name, I just got in my car and drove away.

What's going on?

~
Shook