Chapter 4

Waking up this morning was horrible. My body was sore from last night, and I was still tense from being back in my old pack. "Let's go!" I yelled exiting my room in my black sports bra and soffee shorts, then began pounding on the four doors that held my team. It was five in the morning and we were running late for our morning run.

Charles was the first to emerge, followed by Josephine and Ryder. Eli was the last one to appear. "Jesus, woman, why do we have to start so early?" Eli grumbled from his open doorway, his hands were rubbing his face. I simply smiled and began descending the stairs.

It was still dark and cold. I began at a light jog, Eli by my side. Once everyone was in formation I started going faster and faster. "How many laps?" I asked Ryder, he was the only one who could keep with me. Eli and Charles usually got too lazy, and Josephine wasn't used to such vigorous activity.

"We've done five, let's do six more." Ryder said. I nodded in agreement and sped up. This was a routine for us. We would run seven miles in the morning, some days we would run ten miles. It was a part of our training.

Once we were finished the sun had already risen and it was warming up. "Before we begin training the Bane pack, let's begin our training exercise. I don't want us going soft or losing our touch." I said walking towards the back of the house.

"No weapons." I reminded them, "We only use weapons for training when it's only us." I didn't want anyone to get hurt by the weapons we use.

Charles lunged at me, while Eli tackled Ryder. Josephine aimed a high kick at Eli. It may look disorganized at first, but eventually it becomes like a dance. This part of training is where we go against each other, sometimes it's one against one, one against two, two against three, one against four. You get the idea. In real battle, it's not a thing of predictability you won't always have just one opponent. You may not even get your own opponent, you might have to share it with someone who is struggling. I train the Elites to be prepared for either.

Attracted to the noise we were making a few members of the Bane pack were watching us with wide eyes. We weren't very gentle when it came to training. As the specters began growing in number, I decided that we were finished, "Go hit the showers, and meet me in the living room to discuss the training methods you're going to use with your separate groups." I told them standing up straight after throwing Eli into Charles.

They nodded and went to go do as I asked. I followed them inside and then went to my room to do the same. After my shower, I changed into another black sports bra and pink soffee shorts. Once I was dressed, I went in search of Alex and Jace. I needed to tell them that I wanted the females and children trained.

I found them in Jace's study, "Good morning." I inclined my head at the Alpha and Beta, "Alpha Bane, I would like to have the females of this pack trained to defend and kill, and the children to defend themselves." I said getting straight to the point.

Alex's mouth dropped in shock, while Jace looked skeptical, "Aurora, I don't think anyone would like that idea. Are you suggesting that the males of this pack cannot protect their families?" Jace asked suggestively.

I shook my head in disagreement, "Alpha Bane, I meant no disrespect. But this is war, no one will be spared if the other pack wins. I believe that the males will be able to fight better if they didn't have to worry about their families being hurt. I would train the children to run fast and to be able to use defensive maneuvers in case they are caught. The females have to be able to defend themselves and their children. They lose much more if they do not train to fend for themselves." I defended my idea.

Jace and Alex had pride sparkling in their eyes, "Okay Aurora, you seem to have it all thought out. I will inform the members of the pack." Jace said.