Survival

"N-Natsu?! Erza?!"

"Ugh....please kill me...." Natsu blabbed.

She chuckled. Typical Natsu.

~~~

The first thing that Ed thought as he came to was that why he wasn't dead. He then noticed that he was floating--no, hovering--in a golden energy orb. Slightly panicked, he turned to see Kuroko, hovering with her arms outstretched in some sort of trance. Her eyes glowed so brightly that there were no pupils at all.

"K-Kuroko?" his voice sounded and felt like sandpaper grinding up his throat.

"Ed!! You're okay!!" he felt two metal arms squeeze the life out of him.

"A-Al? Oh, god, Al! You're alive!!"

"Brother?" Al asked. "What's going on?"

"Who knows?! I'm just glad we're all alive!!"

"Alexis isn't..."

Ed began to hyperventilate. "What? She's not alive??!! What the hell are we gonna do??!! Kuroko's not gonna hold forever!!"

"We're heading towards the surface anyways."

"Huh?"

It turns out they were, and at an alarming rate.

"Holy shit!!" Ed cried as they burst out of the waves.

~~~

I stared at the trio in shock. "You're alive?!"

"Yeah, and get us DOWN!!!!" Ed yelled as he frantically tried to claw his way out if the golden barrier.

"I don't know brother, this is fun!!"

"SCREW YOU, AL!!!!!"

Alexis saw Erza stir slightly. "Erza?"

The redhead clad in armor blinked several times to clear her fuzzy vision. The figure staring at her looked oddly familiar, although she couldn't quite put her finger on who it was.

"Erza?" it called out.

Blinking a few more times to clear her vision, she saw someone she never thought she'd see alive again. Of course, Erza thought she was dead. "A-Alexis? Am I dreaming?!"

She shook her head. "You're awake."

"Alexis...." the two cried in a cheerful embrace.

"What's going on?" Ed asked.

"Don't question it, brother."

"Yeah...sure....."

Suddenly the barrier they were in blinked on and out and disappeared altogether, and a now unconscious Kuroko stopped glowing. The threesome then tumbled the full sixty feet down onto the boat, successfully destroying it.

"ALRIGHT!!! I'M ALL FIRED UP!!!" Natsu shouted as he burst above the water.