I choose you. (Gray)

It was a rainy Sunday afternoon and you were downstairs doing the dishes. You lived by yourself but your boyfriend Grayson was over there most of the week. He was currently upstairs in the bathroom getting ready to go home for a few days. You wouldn't ever admit it but it really bummed you out when Grayson would go home. You wouldn't tell him because you didn't want to be thought of as "clingy", and honestly after spending 3 days in a row with him, he needed to go. You had only been together a short while, a few months. Space was important in a developing relationship.

Upstairs you heard the bathroom door open and some weight on the stairs. Moments later Grayson rounded the corner holding his back. He had on a sweating and some skinny jeans. He looked good. He walked into the kitchen setting the back down on the table and walking over to you. His arms wrapping around you from behind, giving you a right embrace. You didn't say anything you just continued to wash the dishes. Holding on to his feeling against you.

"Hey beautiful" he said quietly; " I gotta get going" he said into your hair. And you felt your heart drop a little. You took a sharp inhale and turned around, wrapping your arms around his body, hugging him back. He tightened his grip on you and kissed your forehead.

You two stood like that for a few minutes.
"you know I hate letting you go" you said into his chest before looking up at him.
"Yeah...yeah...I know" he said disappointed but if I had it my way, I'd choose you all the time. But work calls for a different schedule. I'll be back in a few days" he said looking down at you, his arm lifting to carefully move some hair out of your face. He lent down to kiss you on the lips, it was short and sweet.

He broke the hug and grabbed his back; " I'll see you later, baby" he said giving you one last look with a sweet smile before heading out the door.

*Please...don't come for me. I have to really get back into the groove of writing. I know this sucked and was short. Sorry! 🤐*