Space Inbetween- Short Story 5th Grade

(This is something I think I worked on in the fifth grade?  I still really like it  but I could always fix the vocabulary.  It's also not finished.  I don't think I will either.)

Rrrriiiinnnnggg

Lexa woke up to her alarm clock ringing in her ears. When she reached over her bedside table to turn it off she knocked over her coffee. It splashed all over the tiled floor and her brand new extension wire.

Rrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnggggggg

She stood up and walked to her steel door. She quickly punched in the passcode for the lock.

10-24-05 she thought as she finished the code. The door flew open with a loud bang. It jumped back out at her and squealed on the hinges.

"Gerald! The door is on the fritz again." Lexa screamed down the hallway.

"I'm coming. Give me a second in here." he screamed back.

Lexa turned around and looked sadly at her computer. She rushed over to it and jammed her finger into the power button.

"Come on. Come on!" she cried.

The computer sparked to life with a picture of a cat in space.

"Thank god you're safe, Nyan Cat." she said relieved.

Then she spun around and looked at her extension wire. It was soaked with iced coffee. Her phone was plugged into the cord and was flashing several colors.

"Gerald, you don't mind also cleaning this up for me do you?" she asked nervously.

Gerald appeared in the doorway and was already working on the broken door.

"Ms. Moon, could you please learn to be more careful. You are seventeen years old now and shouldn't be breaking things left and right like this." he exclaimed slowly.

"I understand Gerald." Lexa said softly.

"Good! Its working. What else is there Ms. Moon?"

Lexa slowly looked over to her phone and pointed to it.

"I spilled my coffee on it this morning when I tried to turn off the alarm."

Gerald bent down on his knee and scooped up her phone to examine it.

"I'm sure it's deep in the cracks of your phone, Ms. Moon. I don't know if I can fix this."

...