Chapter 27: Those Seven Minutes Went Fast

Gosh, what do I do?

For heaven sakes, I had my first make out today. Even then I didn't know what I was doing! An adrenaline rush happened and boom, I kissed him. So yeah I guess that means somewhere inside me I know how to kiss but without that adrenaline rush, it ain't coming out to play.

The bigger question is, why are all these firsts being marked off with Jungkook? He's my friend. Friends aren't supposed to do this. We're anything but normal.

My heart pounds like earlier but it's a new feeling inside. Those times before were anxiety but now, I don't know what this feeling is. But it's that heat again. That heat that becomes present in my dreams with my stranger, the heat that decides to come to life when Jungkook so much as touches me.

Jungkook is leading me towards the end of the hallway, the furthest closet from where the rest are. But even then, following close behind us is Jimin and Hoseok with what looks to be a timer in each of their hands.

We stop in front of what I assume is the closet door. Then we turn our backs to the door and I clench Jungkooks hand. It was a natural reflex. Guess I'm more scared than I thought.

"This is how it's going to work. Once you guys start doing whatever, press start on this timer. The other one that we'll have out there will activate as soon as you start this one. So if you guys aren't back out there in one minute past time, we'll go in to get you before things get too escalated." Jimin wiggles his eyebrows at us with a mischievous look in his eyes.

"Yeah, got it." Jungkook sounds agitated as he yanks the timer from Jimin's hand and pushes us both inside the pitch black closet. The door slams behind us as I jump from the impacted sound.

A flicker above us lightens as we hear the other twos footsteps fade the further down the hall they walk from us.

I look around and notice the space is larger than I anticipated. It's still small but maybe for a bedroom. This room shouldn't be labeled as a closet for its width of size. And it looks like his parents don't use it much as a closet either.

More like a clutter closet if you ask me.

Many unused pieces of furniture are in here, stacked against one another in unusual ways. Tables like the one Namjoon brought out earlier reside in here. This must be where he went to grab it.

For someone who moved here only a year ago, this dust sure makes it seem like longer. Much, much longer.

Jungkook sits down on a older looking couch with floral print. Something you would see at a grandparents house that they claim has value. Sympathetic value more than money wise.

He rustles his fingers through his hair as he sighs, looking down at the watch in his hand. I make myself comfortable as I climb on top of one of the taller tables. I purse my lips as I look around, waiting. Are we doing this?

After what seems like minutes, a knocking is heard outside. Both our heads look at the door but neither of us get up to answer. "Hey, you two okay? The timer hasn't started yet." a new voice is heard that sounds like Taehyung.

"Yeah, we're fine. Just trying to figure some things out." jungkook responds, leaning against the door as he looks down at his shuffling feet.

That would be true but Jungkook hasn't as so much spoken to me since he received the dare in the first place. I can't tell what's going through his mind at this moment and if it's as bad as it seems.

"Okay, just text me if anythings wrong." then I hear a click and I realize that the closet can be locked from the outside. They're most likely continuing the game and until that timer starts and goes off, we're locked in here.