Great Tomb of Nazarick

LOCATION INFORMATION

JAPANESE

ナザリック 地下大墳墓

ROMAJI

Nazarikku Chika Dai Funbo

LEADER

Momonga

TYPE

Underground Necropolis

LOCATED IN

Northeast of Carne Village

CONTROLLED BY

Ainz Ooal Gown

STATUS

Active

DEBUT

LIGHT NOVEL

Overlord Volume 1

MANGA

Overlord Chapter 1

ANIME

Overlord Episode 1

"In Nazarick, some mechanisms are used by uttering a single phrase. Although it is borrowed from the Gospel, that phrase is [Giving up one's life for friends is the greatest love of all]. This phrase directly refers to you; thank you for your love."- Ainz's declaration to Victim, one of the Floor Guardians.

The Great Tomb of Nazarick is the guild headquarters of Ainz Ooal Gown, widely renowned for being an unconquerable dungeon throughout YGGDRASIL.

Background

Before Ainz Ooal Gown conquered this guild-based dungeon, it was a dungeon that was recommended for level 80+ players to beat in one attempt.

The existence of the Great Tomb of Nazarick came to the attention of Nishikienrai, who reported to his Nine's Own Goal. After the clan reorganized itself as Ainz Ooal Gown, the guild then launched a raid on the unexplored dungeon. The guild was able to swiftly defeat each of the Five Rulers and eventually make their way to the sixth floor after battling numerous undead.

Upon completing this dungeon successfully in their first try, they were given the World Item, "The Throne of Kings" for the guild master to sit on. According to Tabula Smaragdina, the Great Tomb of Nazarick seems to be identified as a simultaneous attack dungeon, stating it to be the hardest kind, the sort that needs five parties to progress. Back in YGGDRASIL, the dungeon is originally located in the deepest reaches of the huge poison swamp or rather in the marshes of Helheim. But after the dungeon was transported into the New World, however, it is now situated within the grassland near the Great Forest of Tob.

Additionally, the Great Tomb of Nazarick is said to be one of the most feared and legendary dungeons of YGGDRASIL. As Ainz Ooal Gown acted the role of an "evil" guild, there were many invaders who attempts to try and capture the dungeon, but all of them were repelled without exception. The only attack that ever managed to reach above the 6th Floor was said to have been the work of aguild alliance aided by mercenary NPCs. They numbered with about fifteen hundred people united together against the dungeon. Despite the invasion from a guild alliance with their combined strength, it was still not enough for these invaders to even successfully conquer the 8th Floor as they were stopped halfway by Victim and the NPCs inhabiting there.

Chronology

The Undead King Arc

When YGGDRASIL was about to be shut down,Momonga would continue to stayed online in the game at the Great Tomb of Nazarick until the very end. This was when right after the majority of his fellow guildmates have left for personal reasons in real life and braced himself to be forcefully logged out. However, he didn't expected himself to be teleported to the New World along with his guild headquarters and all of his NPC minions, who were there with him and now have sentient personalities based on their programmed setting.