Sweetest Night

As the wind blows and the sunlight strikes, I can’t help myself but stare beside. There is this lady that makes my heart go upside down. With her beauty, charm and personality that anyone can’t undeniably resist.

I saw her a lot at school but afraid to make a move. But I think this time is the time. The time where I will gather myself together and take courage to talk with her. I made myself think to be brave and finally start a conversation.

“You come here often?”, I ask with a little bit of hint of my nervousness.

My heart is like a prisoner trying to escape from my body because of what I’ve just done. She looked at me, smiled and said,

“Of course. I feel at ease when I am here. By the way, do I know you?”

I froze for bit because of her sudden question but quickly came into my senses and answered,

“We’re schoolmates.”

She looked amazed and smiled at me.

“Woah! Sorry I didn’t recognize you but hey good to know you.”

I felt sad that she didn’t recognize me but at the same time happy because now she knows that I am existing.

We started to talk comfortably for hours after that awkward start until we get to know each other better.

She told me about her special talents and I am impressed with what I’ve discovered. I knew that she has a talent for singing, hair styling and make up but I didn’t know that she has a talent for baking. Plus, she mentioned that she believes that to love is one of her special talent because she knows that God have given us that talent to make this world as beautiful as what he imagined.

“How about you? What are your favorite things to do?”, she asked while waiting for my answer as if it will be as interesting as hers.

“Well, don’t be shocked but I love listening to your covers.”, I answered shyly blushing a little.

But what caught me off guard is that I don’t know if it’s just the heat of the sun that is making her cheeks as red as the tomato or is she blushing because of what I just said earlier. So, I managed to say something to break off the silence.

“I also learned to play the guitar because I got inspired of your singing. Honestly, I’m recently studying the chords of Stay by BlackPink that is your favorite. “

“ Wow! How sweet of you! Send me your cover at the time that you mastered it. God, I can’t wait.”

“No, you are the one who’s sweet.”  That is the line I want to say but I am pretty shy to do so.

She is that kind of girl that everyone loves because of her, being sweet, caring, understanding and generous. Her cute chubby cheeks is a bonus. I love how she said that her favorite things to do are listening to Kpop, dressing up, reading books, eating and drawing. She really impressed me with that.

As the time passes by she kind of started to say those things that I didn’t expect that she will open up to me. She told me these kind of things.

“ You know what, despite all those good things about me, I also have those insecurities that are bothering me. Those things that I wish I can be good enough. I wish I can reach my parent’s standards. I wish I can start caring for myself. Oh, sorry for suddenly being emotional. It’s just that I can’t tell this to anyone.“,  she said with her tears ready to fall from her eyes and voice starting to crack.

“No, it’s okay. Don’t mind me. Go on. I will listen.”

The only things that I got to say in that state of her that even me is becoming sad. But I don’t want her to feel my sadness.

“I am not perfect. I also have those things that I am self-conscious about just like others. I am conscious about my grades, my appearance and most especially the judgements of other people about me. I really don’t know what to do with myself.”

Now, she started sobbing and I quickly gave my handkerchief to her. Thank God I brought it with me. I tried my best to comfort her as much as possible cause I felt the pain that she's suffering .

"As I am saying, I find it difficult to sometimes understand myself. I suck at time management, really. And lastly, ..."

She stopped talking and I noticed that she's hesitating to say those last words and stopping herself to smile? I think.

"Promise me that you will not laugh at me."

"Okay, I promise." I said with my right hand raised.

" I don't do well at Mathematics." She said feeling embarassed.

I really tried to contain myself and not laugh at her but I can't help myself and started laughing. Not because she said that but because of her look after saying that. She looks so cute with her face about to explode of embarassment.

"God, I messed up my own moment." She said while laughing with me.

I'm hoping for this day not to end because I will always miss those smiles  that some are because of me. I will miss the way she laughs everytime she find my jokes funny. I am thankful to God that he made me realized that I am brave enough to talk with her. I will really miss her after this moment.

"This conversation with you helped me a lot. And I promise to myself that I will improve and be mature enough to handle things and change all my negative outlooks in life. But I will keep those characteristics of me that can help me improve in a good way. Thank you for everything.I owe you a lot. You made my day special."

She said while giving me the smile that melts my heart instantly.

"No, you are the one who made my day special. You gave me the reason to---"

A splash of cold water greeted me as I slowly open my eyes.

"Son, wake up! You will be late at school!"

I woke up with a disappointed face. I thought I really got the courage to talk to her. She even smiled because of me. But I think I can't call this as a bad nightmare cause despite the fact that it is not true atleast I got a reminder to believe in myself and start making a move.

That will be the sweetest night of my life.