Chapter 3

And now we're back in third person, don't worry I'll warn you if we move back to first person.

Keith blinked his eyes, feeling a daze move off him. He looked around him and then at the doorway.

Keith couldn't remember what happened. He remembers hugging Lance and then Pidge coming in and then nothing. It all goes blank.

In an effort to figure out what's going on, Keith stands and heads to the kitchen. He sees his teammates huddling around a table, whispering to each other, Pidge among them.

"Hello? What's going on," Keith asks the group. They glance up at him and whisper again before Shiro stands and puts his arm around Keith.

"Let's take a walk, shall we," Shiro offers before forcefully bringing Keith out of the kitchen. They start walking down a hallway that Keith recognizes as it leads to the bedrooms.

"Do you happen to remember anything from the last few minutes," asks Shiro.

"No? Why," says Keith.

"Ah, no reason. But we can't find Lance, do you know where he is? I thought you would."

"Uh, no. Am I supposed to?"

"No, but everyone else is just as clueless as you are so you were our last bet."

"Why'd you bring me outside then?"

"To get a head start to where Lance may be. But clearly you don't know where he is so we'll just walk for a little bit. I'll tell you what happened."

"Wait, then what happened?"

"Well Pidge woke up near Lance's bedroom, which she found strange cause she had been with us when we were team bonding. After some hacking and a lot of research we figured it out."

"And it was?"

"The galra. Apparently the strong emotions of Lance and you and the whole soulmate thing got it her. The galra turned that emotion into anger and being in the presence of someone like that put all of us in a daze."

"But you can't find Lance?"

"Yeah..."

"So Pidge was angry, found near Lance's room and you didn't bother to check the—."

An alarm cuts Keith off. It's the alarm that says somethings left the hanger without being cleared first.

"Somethings left a hanger," yells Shiro. Shiro takes off towards the hangers and Keith decides to put his plan into motion.

Keith runs the opposite way, towards the airlocks, and quickly puts his suit on. Keith grabs Lance's suit and hoped his hunch was wrong.

Keith jumps through an airlock and grips Lance's suit. He feels the temperature change as his worry increases.

In the first few seconds outside of the ship, Keith notices Lance's body floating around. Keith rushes over and shoves the helmet and the suit onto Lance.

Keith feels tears collect in his eyes and tears stream down his face.

"Lance," he croaks out. "Please be okay."

Keith struggles and tries to get Lance closer to the castle but Keith couldn't. All he could hope was that the others were suiting up and would see him out there.

Keith pulls Lance close and tries to heat him up, hoping to god that it would somehow save Lance.

Keith let's tears fall and fall and fall. They tumbled off his chin and would usually annoy Keith but Keith couldn't care less right now.

Maybe Lance would never wake up, Keith's mind whispered. Keith shook his head, not wanting to think about that. Maybe you'll never have your soulmate back, your beloved teammate.

A roar helped Keith come to his senses. Keith's head snapped up and he saw Blue flying towards him and Lance.

"Oh, Blue," Keith says, relief flooding into his heartbroken voice. "Help Lance, please."

Blue flies over and opens her mouth, sending both of them into her cockpit. Keith quickly rushes around and finds a first aid kit.

Keith, despite not really knowing what to do, does his best to fix Lance up. After that, Keith takes the wheel and drives Blue back to her hanger.

When they all land, Keith rushes to his feet and holds Lance bridal style. Keith runs out of Blue and is a bit surprised when he hears a buzzing in his ear.

It only lasts a little while but eventually forms words.

"Thank you," it speaks. "For saving my little cub."

Keith turns around and looks at Blue before smiling and nodding. He goes back to rushing out the door.

"Pod," Keith screams while running through the hall towards the pod room. "I need a pod!"

The others, who had previously been getting ready to fight the Galra, as they thought the galra were stealing Blue, turned to look at Keith.

When they noticed Lance they got to work as well, getting a pod ready or just checking on Lance.

After a few more seconds of running, Keith made it to the pods and shoved Lance into one of them.

Keith didn't leave his side after that. Seeing Lance floating through space lifelessly really scared him, and all Keith could do was wish and hope that Lance would wake up.

Some people would come in the room to give Keith food, to check Lance's vitals, or to just sit and wait in silence with Keith and Lance.

After about two weeks of this, the pod finally opened up. Keith stood up and caught Lance as soon as he heard the hiss of the pod.

But Lance wasn't awake. Lance wasn't—.

The others came into the room and relieved Keith of Lance.

"We're so sorry, Keith," says Shiro. "But—."

"Lance can't be dead," Keith wailed out to Shiro. Shiro gave Keith a strange look.

"Keith, Lance isn't dead. He's just tired and needs sleep. He should be awake tomorrow or the next day," Shiro explains.

Keith jumps to his feet and pulls Lance out of Shiro's grip.

"I'll take him to his bed then," Keith states. The others, knowing they won't be able to change his mind, let Keith walk away with Lance in his arms.

Keith brought Lance to Lance's room and laid him down on the bed. Keith sat on the ground beside the bed, holding his head in his hands and sighed.

Keith would just have to wait till Lance woke up. Keith would just have to wait. Keith dozed off there on the floor.

He slept, waiting for Lance to awake.