•one•

{song/artist ~ dodie clark 💫}

Lily was sitting in the top bunk of the shared room between 4 girls. she was drawing in the notebook a flower while listening to music. she was drawing the outline, and it looks okay.

One of the girls came in and sat at the bottom bunk. It was just a regular day, no one really talked to anyone unless they were super bored.

"Hey!" The girl said, probably to lily. Lily didn't hear, her music was too loud. Dodie Clarks song, "she" was playing. It was her favorite.

"Hey!!" The girl rasied her voice.

Lily took out a earbud, "...yes??" She said, unsure if she was being talked to.

"Lily, please for the love of god please turn down your music." The girl complained

Lily rolled her eyes softly. She complied either way, and then went back to drawing.

A hour later, the loudspeaker went off saying "all girls ages 7-15 go to the adoption room! Now!" It was the headmistress, who wasn't the best person.

Lily took her phone and drawing book and climbed down the bed. Her phone was almost dead.

"Great..." she mumbled. She could care less about adoption day, but she didn't want to get yelled at so she did go.

POV CHANGE TO TREE BROS.

Evan sat there in the kitchen, making himself tea and Connor coffee. He started playing with the loose ends of his shirt, nervous for what he was gonna say to Connor in just a few moments.

They had been married for almost 5 years now, since the end of high school. The best 5 years of Evans life. And the least stressful.

Connor came down the stairs with bedhead and bags under his eyes.

"morning honey"  Evan said softly.

"morning" Connor responded.

They made small talk, and then it was comfortable silence. They had started eating cereal at this time too. All was going well.

After a while though, Evan spoke up.

"Connor, I've been thinking... I feel l-like we're missing something. I-in our lifes." He doesn't stutter as much anymore, only when he's angry and nervous.

Connor looked towards him, "Like what? I have a idea in mind, but i wanna be on the same page." He said he was hoping its what he was thinking.

"I know that we've been married for a few, and that we already have a dog.. but I kinda maybe want a child? Not a baby but also not a 17 year old, like more of a 12 yearish old... that sounds good right? I mean. Only if you want to he dont have to but-" Evan rambled on and on, panicking that this was a bad idea  and he should abandon ship.

Connor grabbed his face and interrupted him, "evan. im perfectly fine with that." The doubts didn't really hit him yet. The doubts that invaded his mind haven't bren noticed.

Evan smiled and nodded. "Tomorrow. We can have a gouse inspection today maybe, then we can look at kids? Possiblity? Hopefully?"

The other boy nodded. They bith finished breakfast and while Evan was cleaning up Connor called the local orphanage to try and have something happen.

they did get a interview that was taking place later that day, and if they passed they could go to orphanage and meet the children.

two paths will intertwine soon

{ AN - Hello! Its me, the author. Comment what yoy think or if you have any ideas. I love and appreciate you all, buh bye 💫💖