Nyoogi

Sitting up in my bed, I look out the window. The sun is hidden by some rain clouds. I open the window and take a deep breath. I inhale the musky air. It smells of rain. Just great.

   I groan and walk to my closet. I choose a basic outfit of a gray hoodie and black jeans. I put on a hat to cover my shaggy hair. My eyes are the only thing that stick out from my appearance. I was born with one green eye and one blue eye. I sigh and slip on my shoes. Taking one last glance at my messy room, I close the door and head out into the world.

    Walking down the streets of Tokyo, I feel a raindrop on my ear. Looking up, a steady flow of rain falls on my face.

   That's perfect. Just great.

   I run to a nearby corner store and take refuge there. There's only two other people here. A man in a black long sleeved shirt and a hat, and the cashier. I sigh and walk around, looking for an umbrella. I spot one in the back corner. I grab it and go to the cashier to pay. I feel cold eyes trailing me as I walk and I shudder. I glance over my shoulder at the other man, but he's reading a magazine. I shake my head in embarrassment and throw the money for the umbrella on the counter and walk out.

   Shivering, I open the plastic coverage and hold it above my head. I hear the door of the store open and close. I don't bother to turn around because I know it's just the man leaving. I walk towards the bookstore. It's a few blocks down, but it's a long walk. I slowly stroll through town when I hear heavy footsteps behind me.

   Someone must be going the same direction as me.

   I quicken my pace a bit, feeling slightly anxious. I'm not used to feeling followed, but this feeling makes my spine crawl. The footsteps quicken with me. I turn down an alley, thinking this might shake them. The footsteps follow me. I break out into a run and turn down multiple streets, losing track of where I am.

   Whoever is following you, don't let them catch you!

   I run faster. My lungs burn and my legs shake. I don't stop. Once I feel as if I put enough distance between me and the mysterious person, I stop to catch my breath. I turn around and don't see anyone. Feeling dumb, I stand straight up. Mistake number one.

    I feel a strong hand wrap around my waist and another one on my mouth. My eyes widen as I fight to break lose. Mistake number two.

   "If you move, I'll kill you right here," a voice says. It's deep and gruff. I nod slightly and go still. Mistake number three.

   My limbs all go stiff as the man pulls a blindfold out of his pocket. He puts it over my eyes and puts a gag in my mouth. He handcuffs my hands and drags me to a vehicle.

   "Get in," he growls. I obey. Mistake number four.

   I'm not sure where we're going. All I know is that we've been driving for what feels like hours. The car stops suddenly and I lurch forward. My head hits the seat and I groan against the gag.

   "Stay quiet, will ya?" The voice asks, slightly annoyed. I stop any noise from escaping my lips as he grips my arm roughly and pulls me towards his destination.

   I hear a door open as he thrusts me inside a building I'm assuming is his home. A lock clicks in place and I jump as he removes the gag and blindfold. His hands are warm against my icy skin.

   "I'm gonna take your phone," he warns as his hands roam down my back and into my pocket. I gasp a bit at his touch and he chuckles.

   "Calm down," he coos. "I'm not gonna hurt ya." He chuckles again and walks me to a room. He removes the handcuffs and sits me on the bed.

   "This is your room. You are not to leave unless I give you permission. Understand?"

   I nod at his words, understanding them perfectly. He grins and leaves, taking my freedom with him.