Talking to the Devil

"You do realize I am Lucifer, Satan, Beelzebub, the literal Devil!" He roared, his form growing in front of me, casting shadows on the walls of what I can only describe as mourning souls, people screaming, and crying, all from my bedroom walls. His head morphed into something else, he grew horns, and teeth sharper than any we have on Earth, they could have easily ripped through me. He moved closer as he yelled, standing only inches from me.

"I-I do, sir. I really d-"

"No Ashton I really don't think that you do, try all you want. You are nothing on this Earth and will be nothing in the next life. Why in the fucking universe would I want to be your pathetic 'friend'?" He screamed, this time a little more quietly. His words slicing through me.

"For my soul. You love deals right? Spend some time with me, find out what I'm like, I am desperate." My voice was shaking at this point, and I was hoping he would believe me. I genuinely had no other options.

"For a deal to work, I would have to want your soul." He replied normally, his shape slowly beginning to resemble that of a human being again. Except that he chose to keep tiny black horns that peaked just above his hair, and treasuring the blood on his lips from where his teeth had barely grazed them. Also deciding to keep his abnormally large teeth, smiling eerily as he talked, so that he could show them off.

For some reason I wasn't scared of him, no matter how big he got, no matter how much he screamed he was only a person, or demon, and he was in my room. He had responded to my call when he had hinted to having gotten many of them. I stood a little straighter, looking up at him, "You don't scare me." I awaited his reaction, but got nothing in return but the hint of a smile.

"I should, but we will get there." he waved the idea off, "Ashton, do you even know that of which you are asking? You are asking what millions of occult leaders have begged me for, kissed my shoes," he said, lifting his shoe to rub his fingers across it, "and you expect me to just be your 'friend'? What, do you want to share secrets under the covers like little girls at a stupid fucking slumber party, Ashton? You are weak, however, you intrigue me. Though, you do realize that you will now never set foot in Heaven, never see your deceased family members again. You will never ask your infamous "God" the questions of the universe. You will never have anything except what I chose to give you." His smile grew, and suddenly every pointed tooth in his mouth was visible. It seemed as though reality was hitting me for the first time all over again. But I decided that he didn't need to know that, and thought my reply through for a second.

"So what should I call you then? If I can't turn back, I can't make friends on Earth, and it seems as though you are actually considering my offer. What should I call you?" I asked, now enjoying my turn to smile deviously at him.

"I enjoy the enthusiasm, but we'll get to the terms and formalities of our deal later." He replied, bending over to pick up the now soaked paper from the floor. The word 'Vulgate' now smudged and charred from the fire and blood. "I will be keeping this." With those words he vanished.