Chapter 3: Late

Sydney's POV

-

Great, I now have detention with that girl. I groaned, picking up my new iced latte. "Who does that girl think she is?" My friend declared with anger, since I had just told her what happened. "But wait-you still threw your latte at her first didn't you?" She crossed her arms, now understanding the blame is kinda on me. 

I sipped the latte, ignoring her glare of oblivion. "Maybe.." I mumbled. "But it wasn't all my fault! I swear, she was glaring at me!" She cocked her eyebrows. "Uh-huh.." I sighed. "Anyway..I still have homework for English and Science." I groaned and she laughed. "You've got to pay attention to class more than those boys." 

She was right, but I'd rather be getting all the boy's attention than getting some science grade. I let out a scoff. "Whatever, tell coach I won't be able to come to practice today because of detention." She nodded. "Oh-btw, Issac wanted me to tell you to meet him after school by the bleachers."

She smirked, nudging my arm, and I gagged a little. "No. No, no, no. He knows I'm not getting back together with him. He got not only bad rep, but he's also not the hot anymore." She looked at me and rolled her eyes. "Uh-huh..whatever girl, but then what about Jonathan?" She nudged. "Maybe. He's having a party at his place tonight, and I'm all in."

She smirked while punching my arm. "Alright girl! Do you think Kate knows?" She asked. I shrugged. "I'll remind her just in case." She nodded. The bell rang loudly, making everyone dash into their classrooms, including me and Melanie. 

I rushed into the classroom, knowing I would probably get tartied, but oh well. I walked through the doors, everyone's eyes staring at me. "Well, good afternoon, Ross. What would your excuse be this time for being late?" The teacher remarked. I shrugged. "I was busy getting things from my locker." I said.

The teacher rolled her eyes. "Put that latte in the garbage and sit down." She demanded, while taking her eyes back to her computer, and I sighed, doing as she asked. 

-

After School

-

The bell rang for the final time for the day, causing everyone to run out. I groaned, knowing I had detention. I got up from my desk and slowly walked down the halls to my locker, with light shoves in the process. I rolled my eyes, finally getting to my locker. I put my combo it, trying to open it, but it didn't open.

It was jammed. "Dammit!" I muttered, kicking my locker, storming off to the janitors room. I stopped in the doorway, still being shoved by others. I met eyes with the janitor. "Locker again?" I nodded angrily. She sighed with a light laugh. Once the hallway cleared we started to my locker. 

"Your locker really doesn't like you, huh?" She said while getting keys out. I sighed angrily. "Yeah, yeah, just open it please." I said, crossing my arms as we arrived at my locker. She put the keys in the hole on the lock and twisted it. "Thanks." I said and she nodded with a smile and then headed off. 

I got my bag and stuffed it with my things and slammed my locker, rushing to detention. I hurried in, angrily and out of breath. "Have a seat next to Jones please, Ross." The teacher didn't lift his eyes from his paper, but I looked over at the girl who got us here. I glared her down before sitting next to her, dropping my bag on the floor next to me.