chapter one

DAENYS WAS BORN DAERON, a male heir for the realm to celebrate

DAENYS WAS BORN DAERON, a male heir for the realm to celebrate. They did celebrate for years, until the fifth nameday of the twins Rhaenyra and Daeron. See Daeron had come to look much more feminine, and with one look from a Archmaester told Viserys she was an adomination. A woman with manhood. Viserys had wanted to through her to the wolves but both Rhaenyra and Aemma pleaded for him not too.

He let Daeron live and instead named her Daenys, revoking her heir title and giving it to Daemon unofficially. Daenys grew up with her mother, never once in her fathers attention. Due to this, it caused a divide between Rhaenyr and Daenys became apparent. Aemma showed much more love to Daenys while Viserys showered Rhaenyra in love.

As the twins grew, Daenys was taught warfare and leadership and Rhaenyra was taught womenly things. The Septa had all but refused to teach Daenys, so her education went to a courtier. The courtier being Eddard Stark, brother of Lord Rickon. Being he was her educator in all but name, Daenys became a Northern woman without being raised in the North. She was honorable and did not lie, she took to fighting like she did walking.

Eddard became a father figure to her, which she called him sometimes. Viserys had noticed this, and fought Aemma on it when Daenys was only one and ten. "She is my child, she should not be calling another man father." He exclaimed to Aemma while they stood on the terrace looking at the training yard. Daenys was fighting and laughing with Eddard, smiling brighter than Viserys had ever seen.

"If you cared for her Viserys, she might want to call you father. She has never heard you give her praises while Lord Eddard always does. You cannot be mad about this, it was your own doing." Aemma walked away, going down closer to the training yard. Viserys stayed for a little while and listened to Eddard and Daenys talk.

"Father, what does it mean 'who passes the sentence should swing there sword'?" Daenys ask as she took a sip of water. Eddard smiled at her and ruffled her hair.

"If anyone would take a mans life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die." Eddard told her. "That is the way in the North, not in the south though. You must decided to uphold to honor or pride."

Viserys looked at Daenys in a new life then. She was looking for approval, greedy for it. She found it Eddard.

-

At four and ten, Daenys had become a Northern woman. She knew of the Wolfswood and the Wall, she learned about the Kings of Winter and had honor that could rival any man in the Red Keep besides Eddard. Daenys had spent a year in the North with Eddard, only recently returning home.

When she arrived back, her mother was once again pregnant and a tourney was to be held in the honor of her soon to be sibling. Daenys had arrived not a day before, and was called to the Small Council chambers. The guard announced her as she entered with Eddard. "Lord Eddard of House Stark and Princess Daenys of House Targaryen."