mirror

//takes place in an au where monokuma never comes to the island//

Souda fetched the key from the table of his cottage and walked out the door, heading to find Gundham. The key he held was the spare key to Gundham's cottage, of which he had been given since they had gotten closer the longer they lived on this island.

The two were an odd pare, the hyper energetic mechanic and the dark and brooding animal breeder (plus his Four Dark Devas of Destruction) were seen almost always together nowadays. Originally, they almost couldn't stand each other, but in hopes of getting off this love island or whatever, they had become friends. At this point they were almost glued together at the hip.

Souda continued on the short path to his friend's cottage, which he himself spends a good amount of time in while playing with the breeder's hamsters. Although currently he was headed there for a different reason, he couldn't find the beanie that he always wore to keep his unruly pink hair down. He truly looked like a shark to say the least when it was off, not that he minded.

Arriving at his cottage, Souda moved to turn the knob, seeing if it was unlocked. Surprisingly, it was, and he opened it without too much thought. "Hey, Gundham! Do y-"

He regretted not knocking.

Gundham spun around from where he stood in front of the full length mirror that leaned against the wall, turning to face whoever dares intrudes-

"Ah- hello moral... I was not expecting you." He really wasn't, considering his shirtless and flustered state.

Souda felt heat rise to his face at the sight and quickly looked away, not before noticing the scars under his friend's chest though. "I- uh, yeah, sorry about that. I'll get going now, see you later!" And like that, Souda quickly closed the door and walked away from the cottages.

Souda's not sure why he's so embarrassed, but he couldn't hide the fact that he definitely just thought of his friend as hot, seeing him shirtless. He thought the scars were in an odd place, but honestly he didn't put the pieces together and just assumed that of course Gundham could have some scars or something. He has said he's fought many battles, so scars wouldn't be that weird.

He ended up sat down on the sand and placed his head in his hands, his feet had led him to the beach. The wind was cool as dusk quickly approached the islands, the soft sound of ocean waves continued on in the background as Souda thought. He would have to continue looking for his beanie tomorrow.

He wanted to deny the fact that he was now aware of just how big of a dumb crush he had on Gundham, surely Gundham would go back to calling him pathetic if he ever found out. He didn't want that, he wanted to at least have one friend on this island that could tolerate him.

Souda knew how annoying he was, and he hated it. Why couldn't he just be normal? It was irrational to think Gundham even liked him as a friend, he only tolerated Souda out of pity, certainly. Gundham was so cool, in his own weird and edgy way, but the man was comforting to Souda. So, he decided, he would just push back all the gay thoughts about Gundham to the back of his mind like always.

He didn't realize he was shaking until he pulled his head out of where it rested on his palms, and he hugged himself gently before pulling his knees up to his chest. Stop freaking out, Souda told himself, you're being a wimp, stand up like a man and stop crying.

Wait, crying? He felt a small drop of water on his knee, tears had made their way down his cheeks. His breathing became uneven and he felt like he wasn't able to breath at all, in fact. Souda knows he shouldn't be panicking over having a crush on a guy, but after years of what his dad taught him he knew that this was wrong. He let out a muffled sob against his knees.