Eighteen

After the little stand off the pack drew back and realized Veda was not a threat, as of that moment.

"Sam my man!" Veda sees Sam walk out of the house with Carlisle.
Trying to hide his smile Sam rolled his eyes.
"What did I say about coming into our land?" He teased making Veda smile.
"Oh you know me when do I follow rules?" She teased earning a look from Carlisle who was confused at the interaction.

The teasing ended as a car door slammed and a frantic Bella ran over. Gagging silently at her making Sam smile and Billy Black glare, Bella walked right past Veda.

"How is he?" She asks worriedly. "He's asking for you." Carlisle only said. That's all it took to send Bella into the Black residence.

"Thank you." Billy stuck his hand out for Carlisle to take. Shaking it Carlisle smiled. "I'll be back to set up another morphine drip. He's already sweating it off."
With that Carlisle grabbed Vedas hand and walked together back to the car.

Opening her door Veda hopped in and mumbled a thank you with a smile on her face. She could get used to how sweet he is.
Driving off the reservation and heading back to the house the two immortal sat in silence until Veda decided to break it.

"We never finished our conversation from earlier.."
"What would you do if I was human Veda?" Carlisle suddenly asked.
"Huh?"
"What would you do if I was human? And you loved me, what would you do?"

Veda shook her head. "I'd be too afraid to go near you. I'd be afraid I'd kill you. I mean I'd probably just kill myself to be honest. I may be your mate and ya know like like each other but I wouldn't change you."

"So you like like me huh?" Carlisle snorted earning a nudge from Veda who laughed along.

"You wanted an answer!" She said with laughter lacing her voice. Soon the car was filled with endless laughter.
As it died down Carlisle snorted and shook his head.
"Well Veda I like like you too."