Chapter 10 - MATE

"In your lifetime you'll meet one person who is unlike any other, you can tell them any and everything and they won't judge you... this person is your soul mate, your best friend... don't ever let them go..." Rashida Rowe

Trees and bushes fly past, blades of grass tickle the pads of their feet. A flock of geese panic away from the patrol. His wolf looks at them longingly, though he holds against the urge to get a snack. Several wolves around him tense until the birds are gone. Internally sighing, he shakes his head and keeps up the pace.  

As they come closer to the east edge of the territory, a vigorous scent hits him like a wrecking ball. Seriously, it was like it was saying that exact lyric from Miley Cyrus’ ‘Wrecking Ball’. It was strawberries and rosemary. An intoxicating and addictive smell.  

He hears his team snarl ‘rogue’ over the top of his hyper-drived senses. Rogue? How could they smell that over this concoction?

In recognition of the supposed ‘rogue’, they increased their pace. After five metres, the scent getting stronger, he couldn’t handle it anymore. He bolted away from the patrol, desperate to know what that smell was. He ignored his name being called through the pack link. He didn’t care about them anymore, all he cared about was this unanswered question.

The stronger the smell was, the faster he ran. Soon he was going so fast he didn’t know where he was going. Until he hit a moving wall.

They tumbled several times, carried by their momentum. He regained his feet after a few rolls, while she moved away a few metres before stopping. Shaking his head, he jogs towards the body. It tenses to roll onto its feet. He puts his feet onto its chest, tingles jolting up his legs. His eyes go black, just as the she-wolf underneath.

“Mate” huskily slipped through the public (norm) link. She shivered at the sound of his voice. Her fur was beautiful. White like a swans, and soft like a baby’s skin. Her eyes. Nothing could describe how perfect they were. Rich green, just like the forest around them. If you looked hard enough you could see the little highlights of brown. He leans his head down and nuzzles her neck. Her scent was all around him. Comatosing him. He was fighting with his wolf to take her then and there.

It was that mistake – with his concentration pulled in several different directions – that he didn’t see him coming.

He knocked him flying away from his mate. Rolling onto his feet, he lifts his top lip and snarls at his attacker. He stands protectively over his sweet; growling.

"I thought I told you to leave.” Beta Nate growled at her.

“Bit hard when you’re barrelled into.” She snarled back. This shocked him. Beta Nate, as in Full Moon Pack Beta Nate, was talking to a rogue. Protecting a rogue!

 Wait – did I just call my mate a rogue? He thinks. Who cares, she might be a rogue in reality but she’s an alpha in my life. And no one but me is to touch nor protect her! Crouching, he snarls a bit louder. Nate flips his attention back to him.

“Careful pup.” He says. He narrows his eyes. Who does he think he’s talking to?

His eyes flip to his mate who lifts her lips and growls low at the Beta.

“You be careful, Nate.” She hisses. He winces.

“Please let’s not fight. Can you just hurry up and get off the land? If he’s here than the rest of the patrol won’t be too far behind.”

The thudding of paws behind him reaches his ears, accompanied by the howls of his name. His crinkled snout turns into a pout. Why couldn’t they just leave him alone? Oh, that’s right. He ran away while on patrol duty.

His companions must’ve heard the rest of the group because the Beta started yelling at the girl to leave. With one final pained and longing-filled look to him, she fled the territory. He was both happy and unhappy. She was safe away from the pack, but he wanted her at his side. Why was life so difficult?

Nigel, and several pack warriors came through the trees and flanked him. They looked between Nate and his tense and grieving body. Before anyone could ask what was happening, the Beta growled at him and took off in the direction of his mate.

In an effort to release his tension, he bashed his head – hard – on a tree.

You don’t have to guess what the following words were.

<A/N: (THIS FIRST AUTHORS NOTE IS THE ORIGINAL BEFORE I DECIDED TO REWRITE THE BOOK)

 Ok... I do believe that was one of the crapiest chapters i have written for this book.

I have this urge to rewrite this book in thrid-person. So please don't kill me if it takes so long to update case I'm rewritting it in - as I said before - third-person. Hope it's better!!!

A/N #2: I've rewritten and reread this book and am happy. This - compared to what i said in the first A/N is a pretty good chapter even though SECRETS is my favourite (so far) :P

For all of you who didn't read this chapter before I edited it, I have 1 question:
WHO DO YOU THINK THE "MYSTERY MATE" IS? not the girl the boy. We all know who the girl is and if you don't you can find out later in the chapter or go and read CH9 again. And the MSTERY MATE isn't even that hard to figure out. Who else would hang out with - alright I'm ganna stop right there and let you figure it  out. It will be reveiled in 2 - maybe 3 chapters at the max.

Ok now I'm going to bed cause I'm tired and have a friend coming over tommorrow. AND CAN PEOPLE PLEEEASE STOP SAYING 8:30PM IS AN EARLY BED TIME EVEN ON A HOLIDAY! CAUSE REALLY SOME PEOPLE DON"T GIVE A POO AND THEY LOVE THEIR SLEEP AND IT TAKES THEM AGES TO GO TO SLEEP! AND IT"S ACTUALLY 8:52PM SO ... HA!

Alright, I'm ganna go crash. See you guys next chapter in whatever book I decide to write the next chapter for. EH! 4 books and only 2 are published. MEH! Ok I'm going for real this time.

See you guys later

KALANI (who is snoring her head off while writting this. Bff! What am I saying? I don't snore!)