Zoe

Zoe looked around the academy. The arrival of the new girls had been the most stirring thing to happen in awhile. It was full, yet so empty.

They were all very confused, scared, and to put it mildly; clumsy. Each girl had her own unique personality, and it was interesting to see their powers mold as they grew. Queenie was in the middle of teaching a class on mantras. Keeping out bad energy was something the witches still had to master.

Considering the whole zombie infiltration incident, the run in with the voodoo queen, and the axeman. They couldn't risk anything else.

"Only light and healing energy is welcome here. Got it?" Queenie looked up from her paper.  Blank looks were cast back in her direction.

"Ugh I give up." Queenie tossed the paper aside and made her way back into the foyer.

"Rough class?" Joked Zoe, raising an eyebrow quizzically. Queenie rolled her eyes.

"Girl they look at me as if I'm a dumbass who  doesn't  know her ass from her elbow."

"They'll warm up eventually. Hey, I've been meaning to ask you something.... it's about Madison."  As if no longer interested, Queenie got up.

"No."

"Hey,  please! I just wanna know!"

Madison was the closest thing Zoe ever had to a friend. Even though she always snapped and seemed standoffish, Madison meant well.

Zoe always saw Madison as misunderstood. Underneath all of the attitude and brattiness, there was someone desperate to be loved, to be accepted.

She never showed her true emotions. On rare occasions, Madison would become transparent, soft-spoken, and sweet. Other times she was snappy and rude.

Everyone saw her as cruel, mistreated her. Unfortunately, not everyone was willing to put up with her mouthing off to everyone.

Kyle killed her while everyone else was too busy attending to other matters.

Zoe knew it, Queenie knew  it. The issue was that the witches line was fading. Sure, there was a new wave of witches that found the academy, but they weren't skilled enough.

Madison was elitist, but she was powerful.

"What can we do to bring her back?"

"We can't." Queenie said flatly.

"Oh bullshit, we have to TRY!"

"YOU can, but I'm not pissing Cordelia off."

To rescue Madison, Zoe would have to perform Descensum to enter the underworld, grab her from her personal hell, and get back.

The problem is that it was dangerous enough going into your own personal hell, but going into someone else's was nearly impossible.

Nearly impossible was good enough

————————————————————————

Authors note: This first chapter sucks but I promise it gets BETTER! I have so many ideas and I hope you guys will keep reading!