This World Is A Cruel Place

I never thought I'd be in this position, I never thought my thoughts would be so dark and depressing. To be honest you never know what's going to happen, well in my case I was really clueless. I'm still blaming myself for Lizzy's disappearance, I mean hell, some people are searching for her before we leave back to the base.

I helped of course, but I knew it would be no use. She was gone, into thin air.

Maybe she went back home...

But that's impossible, but it's also impossible to even be here. Nikki will be heart broken, this world truly is a cruel place, first Nikki and now Lizzy what next? This never ending nightmare is terrifying and I think I'll never wake up.

Soon everyone retreated with me following behind. I ignored the whimpers f my comrades because of our losses as I stared straight ahead wondering what to tell Nikki when I got back.

——————————-

It was the most depressing moment in my life, telling Nikki she was sitting in our room coloring. The top squads decided to come with just in case of her reaction. (Levi squad, Hanji's squad, and Erwin's Squad.)

I sat beside her as she jumped into my arms noticing my presence. "You didn't die..." She muttered loud enough for everyone to hear. "Nikki, Lizzy's... gone." I said tearing up as she sucked in a breath sharply.

"What?..." She asked pulling away and sitting in front of me. "What do you mean?! S-she's n-not d-dead!!" She started hyperventilating and was having a panic attack. I tried to calm her down as she started coughing and coughing.
She was getting really bad and I panicked. I forgot to ask Levi for her medicine when I was walking to his office a few days ago.

She was holding her chest as I screamed to Hanji to go get some medicine for her. Everyone panicked as Levi knelt beside her and looked over her as she latched onto my shirt.

Hanji came in and gave her medicine saying that she was almost out of it. "Why didn't you tell us she needed medicine daily brat." I looked at Levi as he said those words with a sharp stare that could pierce your soul. "I was going to but you were all busy." I whispered as I held. Kiki close as she sobbed. They all decided to give us space and they walked out of the room.

I looked out the window remembering all the good times we had outside together. Me, Lizzy, and Nikki, we were always outside during the summer we were never inside unless we were watching Attack On Titan or some sort of Anime. They were good times, good times that were most likely never going to happen again. We were trapped here and we were never going to get out. We were never going to be able to see if Lizzy is alive back in our world.

I looked down and wondered what I'd be doing now if I were home. My parents probably noticed that we were missing by now and Lizzy's parents were probably balling they're eyes out with police searching our town for us wondering where the hell we were.

If Lizzy was not there then how was I supposed to explain to her mom that she just magically disappeared and is probably dead. I felt so bad knowing this was all my fault. If I had just been a smidge more carful Lizzy would be alive, Nikki would not have had that panic attack and we probably wouldn't even be here. We would be home safe and sound, watching anime and eating sour patch kids.

But right now all I have is a best friend who disappeared, a baby sister who just had a panic attack, food that taste like shit, and no cable. I'm stuck in a world of horror, pain, sadness, and death.

What happened to everything that I had planned? I was supposed to go to collage with Lizzy and we were going to buy a house. I was going to get custody over Nikki.

We were supposed to be happy

I saw the clouds grow to cover the sun as it became gloomy and sad. I guess it just suites the mood just right. I looked down at  polo to see her asleep breathing evenly with her head tucked into the crook of my neck. I sighed and hugged her tighter to my chest while breathing unevenly.

I felt tears drip down from my chin on Nikki's cheek, that's when I noticed I was crying silently. My silent crying became sobs as I mourned loosing my friend, loosing my home, loosing my family, and almost loosing my little sister.

I have nothing...

I have nothing but you Nikki and I swear I won't loose you to.

I looked down at her and cradled her close. My quiet sobbing turned into loud wails that racked the walls. I gasped for air as my head was hung low staring at the ground.

This world is truly a cruel place...