What Am I?

The leaves crunch underneath my boots, scaring off a few squirrels.

"Today is gonna be a long walk." I pass a tree and by it is a small box. I open the box and take out black strips of cloth. I take one and wrap it around a tree near by. I walk on as I tie a black strip to a tree anytime I need it.

After a long walk I finally make it to the creek. I hide behind a tree as I spot a fawn at the waters edge. I try to walk around it and I sit 50 meters away from it. Watching it as I wash off the dirt on my hands. As I look towards the fawn it gets closer to me with its ears pricked up. "Hi little one." The fawn stops as soon as it hears my voice. I smile as it draws closer. It's tiny hooves crinkling the leaves. Now it is 6 feet away and it stops. it stares at me with big brown eyes. It still has it spots on it so the mother must be close by. "Where's your mom at?" I tilt my head and reach out my hand towards it. Slowly it creeps up and hesitates before sniffing my hand. I smile at the brave little fawn and feel the warm breaths coming out of it nose.

Then I hear a twig snap and I quickly drop my hand and the baby fawn dashes away. I stand up and brush off my pants. "Well something's down the river." I look around to see if the fawn is around and I barely spot it behind a tree. Then I quickly turn around and walk along the creek side. Tying another strip of cloth I walk on. I hear another snap ahead and keep walking. The creek was flowing fast and was pretty big. Little fish swim by and a frog frogs into the water.

As I get closer to the place where I heard the snapping of twigs I suddenly hear a loud thump. Running towards the loud noise I stop dead in my tracks. right in front of me lies a large white sleeping wolf. Of course it's not sleeping anymore since it heard my footsteps. It turns it's head towards my direction and we both make I contact. It's bright blue eyes pierce through mine and I just stand there. I feel a spark and then a weird feeling inside me churning.

"What in the hell is this thing?!" I thought in my head, "It's gigantic!" I am breathless as it stands up, looking at me. I take a step back as it turns away from me.

"Follow me." I hear a voice speak in my head.

"What?! Ok I have voices in my head now. That's totally normal. Hint, sarcasm." I stand there until the wolf is immediately by my side. I let out a little shriek. "What do you want?!" I take a step back.

The wolf flicks an ear and steps forward putting the top of its head to the palm of my hand. "My pup.." the voice says and I look at the wolf confused.

"Your pup? How is that possible?" I ask confused, "You must be confused. I have a human family."

The wolf steps back. "Your name is Kaya. I named you that..."

"How do you..?" I still couldn't understand. Then I caught a glimpse of a memory in my head of the same wolf but I don't remember where. "I must be dreaming" I thought to myself as I pinched my arm but the wolf was still there. Suddenly the wolf downsized into a woman with brown hair and bright blue eyes like mine. I go to run but I feel a grip on my arm holding me back.

"Please... don't be frightened" the woman puts her hands up trying to reassure me.

"What and who are you?!'" I stare at the woman in shock.

She let's out a sigh. "It's a very long story. I will tell you this though right now. You are very important. You are my true daughter and you are a werewolf. Just like me, you are special and I will tell you the rest tomorrow."

"I don't understand. Werewolves aren't real and my real mom is back at my house." I shake my head as I try to comprehend everything.

"It's fine. Just hurry back before they come looking." She gives me a serious look.

"Wait! I-" all of a sudden the women leaves and I stand there wide eyed.

"Kaya!" I hear someone yell my name and I turn around spotting my mother running down the hill.

"How did you know I was here?" I looked at her questioningly. This is weird.

I was looking for an answer but instead she ignores me and hugs me. "I'm glad your safe."

"Of course I am." I hug her back.

"Let's go home." she speaks quickly and grabs my hand.

I look back hearing a crack behind us and hope to find the women but there is nothing there.

"Honey come on, we need to get home." my mom tugs my arm and I come back to reality.

"Fine," I walk back towards the house with my mom.