Chapter 12

Last and final chapter

TEN YEARS LATER

                Rose, Lily and my five year old son Carson were fighting over the remote. “Will you get them Nick?” I asked making us all dinner. I was now pregnant with my fourth and last child, and it was another girl. She was due in one month exactly. Carson is going to hate having three girls gaining up on him. He thinks that the baby in my tummy is called a soccer. I don’t know why, but he just does. I watched as Nick held the remote over his head. The twins were daddy girls, but Carson was a mommy’s boy. He ran towards me and hugged my leg. I carefully picked him up and sat him on the counter.

                “Can I help you cook?” he asked.

                “How about you set the table for mommy? Set it like I always do.” I told him helping him off the counter and handing him the plates, knives, forks, spoons and napkins. He set the table for me as I finished frying the pork chops. He smiled and I giggled looking at his two missing teeth. “Food is ready!” I yelled. Everyone came running to the kitchen as I sat the food on the table.

                I looked at my family and smiled. I think about the twins the most even though it may sound selfish. I think about how my life was ten years ago and how it is now. Nick proposed to me a year after we had the girls and we got married a year after he proposed. Rose was the ring barer even though that spot if for a boy while Lily was the flower girl. We tried to let them both be the flower girl, but they kept fighting who gets the throw the most flowers. They all argue, but at the end of the day they love each other and they wouldn’t hurt each other.

                Rose always helps Nick when he works on the yard and Lily just watches them while Carson always helps me out. I rubbed my belly and felt little Luke kick inside my stomach. I don’t know maybe I will have another kid someday. I’m still young enough to, but for right now I’m just going to focus on this family.

                I caught Nick looking at me with a confused expression as he cut Lily’s pork chop for her. “I love you.” I mouthed to him and he gave me a half smile.

                “I love you so much.” He mouthed back and walked back to where he was sitting by me. He sat down in his seat and pecked me as the kids said ‘ew’. I hugged him and started eating my food.