Chapter 8

"I'm pretty sure that he likes her." Sam tells Elton. They are making plans for their next trip. "Colby likes Samii?" Elton asks. "I think so. On our way to the airplane bone yard he was scrolling through her Instagram. He is always talking about her as well." Sam says and Elton nods. "Does she like him?" He asks and Sam shrugs. "If anyone would know it would be Devyn or Corey." Sam says. They finish with the trip and sit around talking. "Aye!" Corey says to Elton as he comes in. "What's up man?" Corey asks. "Just planning our next trip. It's a short one. We are leaving for a week." Elton says and Corey nods.

"I got a question for you." Elton says, Corey sits beside him on the couch. "You know Samii pretty well, right?" Elton asks and Corey nods. "Do you know if she likes Colby?" He asks and Corey shakes his head. "She hasn't said anything. Not that she would though. She knows I am close with Colby. She probably thinks I would tell him." He says. "Why?" He asks. "Just wondering. Sam said he thinks Colby likes her." Elton says. Corey looks at Sam with his eyebrows raised. "Why do you think that?" Corey asks. "I have caught him looking at her Instagram a few times and he talks about her a lot."

"Maybe. Anyone seen how they act when they are around each other?" Elton asks. Both Sam and Corey shake their heads. "I haven't really paid attention." Corey says with a shrug. "They would be good together. They are a lot alike and both good people." Sam says. Elton gets a mischievous look on his face. "We could always get everyone together to do something and have both of them there and watch them." Elton suggests. "Sounds good!" Corey says. "What are we gonna do though?" Corey asks. "We could do a movie night here. We could get the stuff to make pizzas and do it in pairs. Me and Kat, you and Devyn, Elton and Amanda and Sam and Colby." Sam suggests. "Sounds good to me." Elton says.

The guys talk to their roommates and Elton calls Amanda. "Bad news. Amanda made plans for us with her friends from out of town so we wont make it." Elton says. "Everyone else is on board." Corey says. "Now just to get Samii on board." Elton says. "I'm sure if Corey or Devyn asked her to come over she would." Sam says. "We can try. She has been a recluse for the past few weeks. Not really talking to anyone. She has been busy though so I can understand." Corey says. "I'll stop by her house on the way to get the stuff to make pizzas." Corey adds. "What kind of movie?" Sam asks. "She loves scary movies. The things she is scared of are clowns and dolls." Corey says. "I'll find something." Sam says.

When I get home from the gym Corey is sitting in his car in front of my house. "Toodles!" I call out and wave to him. He gets out of his car and follows me inside. "What are you doing tonight?" He asks as he shuts the front door. "I was gonna relax and catch up on the Walking Dead. Why, whats up?" I ask. "We are having a movie night and making pizzas. We want you to join us." He says and I shrug. "Not really feeling the whole group thing." I say. "Please, it will be fun!" He begs. "Who is all going to be there. "Sam and Kat, me and Devyn. I think Colby is going to join us too." He says. "So pretty much couples. No thanks. I don't need a reminder that I am single." I laugh. "Colby will be there and he's single." Corey says. "True, but still." I say.

"You are coming. Don't make me sick Devyn on you." He threatens. "Can I wear sweats?" I ask. "You can wear what ever you want." He says. "Fine. What do you want me to bring?" I ask. "Just yourself." He says. I shrug and nod. "Fine. What time?" I ask, knowing I am going to ghost them. I just don't feel like being around people right now. Nothing is wrong and there isn't any problems with anyone. I just prefer to be alone. "Be there by seven." Corey says. "That's two hours from now. Alright." I hug him and he leaves.

I take a quick shower and change into a pair of grey sweatpants that say Strength down the left pant leg and a white tshirt and go into the bathroom. I take my contacts out, put my glasses on and my hair up in a messy bun. I look like a total nerd but I don't care. I put my face cream on a few target areas, making me look like I have spots on my face and relax in the living room watching TV.