Chapter 1.17 - White - A Gift From The Past

I stretch out my body for a bit as we were about to bout in what seems to be a handicap match against an old enemy that I used to know. Roman, he was a leader to a fake dark guild back during my high school days. My team and I put a stop to their activities of lounging around and selling drugs to people at our city.

Then there's this other guy who I haven't know his name yet but I did in fact met him before. The mysterious hooded guy was the same person who was chasing after me and Hosuke during the time we were saving little Zenith back then. He could summon and control all sorts of canine species from domestic dogs to wolves. I wouldn't be surprised if he has already added some few more canines that I haven't seen before.

"Hey, hey, hey..." Roman walks out between the trees and said, "Where are you friends? Are you here all alone, buddy? Did your friend leave you or something?"

The other guy then added, "Maybe they threw him out because of how 'useful' he was. I mean, he's not like the type of person to be a fighter or anything."

"You're damn right, Moxly." Roman patted the guy named Moxly.

"Your name is Moxly?" I asked him.

"Is something wrong with that, kid?" He questions me back.

I pulled back and said, "Hey it's alright. I'm just asking if that's what I'm supposed to call you. That's your name, right?"

"You're damn right it is, kid." Moxly raised his right hand and ordered his wolves, "Ravage him."

The pack of wolves stood from their position and began to make its way to me. As one of them was about to pounce on me, I moved it away by pushing it with my wind magic. The following wolf does the same trick as well and I immediately took it out by throwing it far off with a huge wind blast to it. The wolves stopped for a second and decided that it was best to surround me and attack at the same time. But their plan was foiled as soon as I made a force field around me.

"A wind shield, eh?" said Roman as he clenches his fist. "I thought your wolves would be more savage than this, Moxly."

"Shut up, Roman! They are smart enough not to do stupid things like hurting themselves!"

I looked at Zenith who was still shaking from the thunderous lightning that I made just a few moments ago. She noticed that I was looking at her. I gave her a reassuring smile and somehow that calmed her down for a bit.

Now, about that lightning...It was actually a parting gift I got from someone back in high school. A memento I got from someone. That someone I'm talking about was non-other than The Thunder Mouse, Rika Lightning. I kind of forgot why people called her a mouse. I think it was because of how small and chubby she was...unlike Zenith over there...A-anyway, as I was saying before I was distracted by that small matter. Before Rika left to do other things, she decided to sever our ties and gave me some kind of memento that I'd keep around.

-

It was graduation day. Rika asked me to see her by the school rooftop.

"Here." Rika threw at me a small object.

I managed to capture it and looked at it and say, "It's...a pin badge?"

"You love those things, right? I mean you gave me one on my birthday. Remember?"

I did give her a pin badge for her birthday. It was custom made with my own designs. It's not like I love making badges but it was just something different that I could give to her instead of something else. She loves it when I gave it to her but I haven't see her displaying it at all.

I replied to her, "Well, it was just a one-time thing, actually."

"Oh really?" Rika wondered, "But your school bags were always filled with it if I'm not mistaken..."