Hidden

"Where are you?!" I scream. 

Panicked, I run through the abandoned farm. I can't find her. Not in the old house. Not in the barn. I run into the empty field, heart racing. As I scan the area, I run into a mound of dirt and trip, sprawling to the ground. 

Getting up, it hits me. Abandoned farm. I tripped over freshly tilled earth. Crouching down, I start frantically clawing with my hands. Scooping handfuls of dirt, I hit something hard. Wood.

"Are you in there?!" I cry, pressing my ear to the wood. 

I hear muffled cries. I start digging again, but realize it's taking too long. Looking around, I see a garden shed. I sprint to it, ripping the door open. I see a shovel, still caked in dirt. Probably the same one that bastard buried her with. I grab it. Running back, I started digging with purpose.

Soon the wooden box is exposed. I toss the shovel, and rip open the crate. She stares back at me, eyes wide. Bound. Gagged. But alive. I sigh with relief. Thank God. I reach into my bag, pulling out my rag and chloroform. I crouch down, placing it over her face. She struggles, faints. I toss her over my shoulder.

"Ah, hell!" My brother says as I walk back to the truck with a smirk. "You found her!" 

"Yup. You almost had me though!" I laugh.

"All right. My turn. Where did you put her?" I gesture to the creek area. 

"Somewhere over there. Drowning's an issue though."

"Jerk!" he says, running off. I smile, watching him go. I love adult Hide and Seek.