3. where I can't follow

Dancing his eyes around the area he yanked in the sharp breath as it burned through his chest. He needed a jog after class. His thoughts were in about a million different places; however, it stayed stuck on just being pissed. He promised Max he would meet with him to work out before their game tonight; however, he needed this run before.

He couldn't wait until later today. Pulling the headphones out of his ears, he tucked them in his gym pants pocket as he stared forward. Placing his hands on his hips and tried to regain his breathing patterns, his eyes slanting at the image moving toward him.

He should go the other way. He should jog back to where he promised to meet Max and he should text his girl letting her know he would see her soon. He should do that, because he knew she would be pissed if she knew what he was about to do.

However, if you ask anyone they will tell you one of Colton Wells's biggest issues is the fact he rarely listens and does what he should do.

"Jack..." his tone was sharp and the dark haired boy's eyes trail up to his and for a second the smirk that constantly seems to be on his lips slipped.

"Hey, man, I'll catch up with you later..." Jack slapped his friend's shoulder who gave him a questionable look.

"You sure?" some guy, Colton knew played ball with Jack questioned and he watched Jack nod.

"Yeah man. It's all good," he nodded him away and his friend paused a moment before agreeing. "So, what's up man?" he circled around him a moment and clapped his hands together.

"What's up?" he chuckled, twisting his head and gripping his hands on his shirt and slammed him into the wall behind them.

"Oh...got a crush on me or something?" Jack teased as Colton shoved his arm into his throat.

"You think you're funny don't you?"

"I've been known to get a few chuckles," he flipped his hand up honestly not too concerned. "Oh Colt, what has you so blue?"

"You're going to stay away from her," his teeth gritted and he added more pressure to his throat. Watching for a second with a bit of panic flashed through his eyes.

"Why?" he wondered swallowing the large lump in his throat. "Worried?"

"Like I ever would be worried," Colton chuckled at the thought. "I used to destroy guys like you on a regular bases in high school. We both know I could do it again..."

"That's not what I'm talking about and you know it..." he challenged and Colton's eyes slanted into a glare. "It's freaking you out. You are petrified she will get tired of you and leave. You're afraid she will come back to me..."

"Please...she hates you..."

"She doesn't...that's what's freaking you out," he wiggled a bit under his grip and cleared his throat. "You know she actually apologized to me after Max and I got in a fight. She begged me not to be upset with her... and she riddles off that line of me calling her drunk but I wasn't the only one."

"Maybe so, but that was high school. That was before she and I ever got together..."

"And us talking earlier?" he challenged and felt the smirk form across his lips when he watched the blonde's face flicker with confusion. "She didn't tell you that part, did she?"

"Shut up..."

"You know, I do still love her," he stated and watched the anger flash through the blonde. "If I want her back, I could do it. Our talk earlier proved I still get under her skin, it proved there is something in her, maybe deep in, but in her that shows she still wants me too."