The Beggining is the Best Place to Start

Chapter 1. The Begging is The Best Place to Start 

With me being an absolute bookworm that I am English was my ultimate favourite subject. I know right, how much more stereotypical could I get!? I’m that nerdy wallflower with glasses and her nose always stuck in a book. That’s me, love me or leave me, your choice. Anyway I was kinda annoyed when three random men walked in to Mr. Conroy’s English class...

The first was not entirely of average height, quite rounded around the stomach area, his thick black hair was flecked with silver and a touch of stubble gave him a little bit of a rough look. The second was many inches taller than the first with a leaner build, glasses framed his hazel eyes that matched his hair almost perfectly. The third was struggling to keep up with the second in height but made up for it with an even leaner build and perfectly defined muscles, just like the second he had hazel coloured hair streaked with lighter honey tones. Unlike the other two he was missing the frown lines on his forehead and crow’s feet around his eyes. I’d bet anything he was related to the tallest man, a son maybe?

    They spoke in hushed tones to Mr. Conroy first and then the trio turned to survey the class. The two older men appeared to study each and every person in the class. The action was mutual to both parties as all the students drank in every last detail of the three men. No doubt this was only for the benefit of accurate gossiping later. While the class ogled the three men and the two men studied the class, one of the guys had his gaze fixed on no one but me.  

          Those deep brown chocolatey eyes were boring hole straight through me. I lowered my gaze to the shabby desk I was sitting at and when I glanced up again the other men had finished searching and seemed disappointed. They proceeded to leave, nodding thanks to the teacher, the taller of the two reached for the door only to be stopped by the youngest with a backhand slap to his abdomen . “What?” he hissed turning back and looking irritated.

“That’s her,” he breathed, almost inaudibly with his gaze still fixed on me. I whipped my head around, surly it wasn’t me he was talking about! But only boys sat behind me. When I turned back around all three were openly staring at me with varying expressions.

          The shortest spoke first.

“Young lady “he said in an accent that clearly wasn’t Irish “could we speak with you outside for a moment,”. Turning to address Mr. Conroy

“That is if it’s no trouble to you sir?” silently I prayed, don’t let me go. You’re never usually okay with people interrupting class, why start now?

“ Not at all, not at all, be my guest, off you go Kayla.” Ughh Mr. Conroy why must you choose to start being pleasant and co-operating now!?

           I stood and followed the three men in to the hallway. What did they want me for? Why would they want me of all people? I wasn’t extremely smart, overly pretty or even the teeniest bit sporty! The tallest addressed me in a business like tone “ Kayla, is it?”

“Ya, Kayla O’ Donnell,” I replied with questioning glances aimed at all three men.

“Well Kayla my name is Travis, Travis McGuire and this is my business partner Tom Cotton. We’re executive producers at a film company, called Filmconnectics you may have heard of it. We’re working on the next big thing in film industry and we want you to be our star. So what do you say?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so this is my first ever story hope fully you like it.... please comment and vote :)

-ED

P.S Im working on getting a better cover photo :/