26

That night when Caleb came home, he hadn't expected to hear your typical 'sexy music' playing. Or to see the lights dimmed down. He also didn't expect to see Minho sitting at the dining room table which had several small lit candles on it.

But that's exactly what happened.

He shut the front door behind him and locked it, his eyes never leaving Minho's even as he slightly lost his balance trying to take off his shoes with one foot.

"What all of this?" He enquired, nearing the table.

Minho smiled and stood from his seat, approaching the younger. He helped him take his jacket off.

"I'm trying to be romantic. I was gonna pick you up and take you somewhere after work. But there's no restaurants open at this time."

Plus Minho also figured that after work, Caleb wouldn't want to deal with anymore people.

Even if that person was serving him.

He slowly removed the jacket and then walked over to Caleb's designated seat and hung the jacket on the back of it.

"So, I tried to cook a fancy dinner."

Caleb slid into the seat Minho pulled out for him and then looked at the set plates.

"I hope you didn't eat before you came..."

Caleb nodded and studied the food. He wasn't sure, but he could've sworn that this was chicken parm.

He loved chicken parm.

There was also a side of garlic bread. Which looked to be a little burnt.

"Is this burnt?"

"Hey! I said I tried to cook dinner. Don't be an ungrateful shit."

Caleb nodded.

Minho tried. It was the thought that counted.

"It's not my birthday, you know."

"I know."

While Caleb stared at the food for a few more seconds trying to figure out what the hell he walked in to, Minho began to dig in.

Cooking food was very hungering. And he was tempted to eat while he was cooking. But that wouldn't be good, would it?

"Then what's all this for?"

"Can you just shut up and eat?"

"Right. Sorry..."