Chapter 17 (Part 1)

It was totally dark . It was a room . I tried to stand up and started walking straight with the help of the wall beside me. I was walking, my legs were shaking. It felt as if many hours have passed but I kept on walking . My legs started to gaining strength, but I crashed to something, is it a wall ? No, it's not. My body filled with fear. A voice came

"You are Beautiful as a shining moon, but what a waste. Today I'll kill you!"

Then a hand started choking me. I heard someone calling me. Please help me . I am here I tried calling but no voice came out.

Ava! Ava!

I opened my eyes. I saw Nick hovering over me. I am sure I looked confused.

"You had a nightmare. Are you okay?" He asked me with full of concern written in his face.

It was a nightmare. Ofcourse it had to be . It felt vivid.

"Yes, I am okay but what are you doing here? What time is it?"

"It is ten in the morning, detective will come over today have you forgotten?"

We heard bell ringing

"He is here"

"Ok, I'll freshen up and meet you downstairs?"

Nick nodded and vanished.

I took a quick bath, brushed my teeth and came out of bathroom. I wore a plain shirt and jeans and headed down .

"Good morning everyone" I greeted to them
They were all in the living room sitting on the sofa.

"Good morning hon. You came at a great time" Mom said cheerfully.

"What is it?" I asked them.

"You know the robberer yesterday that barged your room? He was arrested at morning while escaping" Mom said.

I was surprised. Nick also looked surprised actually shocked.

"Ava , where are you looking? We decided to take a break today and stay at home" Dad said to me.

"Uh nothing. Dad since I'll be working under detective for some time, I think it will ok for you go to work. I'll be safe with him. You don't need to worry. Right Uncle?" I asked him.

"Yes, now it will be fine . You have patients to look after guys. Ava will be with me so you don't have to worry" uncle said to them.

"If you say so" Dad said hesitation showing on his face.

"Since we are all here, let me serve the breakfast. Have a seat all of you" Mom said indicating towards the dining table.

I saw Nick pointing up . I nodded and went upstairs.

"What is it Nick?" I asked him

"He lied about it. Anyway, I actually wanted to ask you something. There are many things that I know but if you say to him he will be alarmed, so do you think we can tell him about me?" Nick asked me concerned.

"You are right but I dont know. Do you think he will believe?" I told me.

We were silent for many minutes.

"Ok, we can do a thing, let me try to make a conversation with him about this stuff. What do you think?" I asked him.

He nodded. We went downstairs.

After a while, my parents left for their work. Only I, Nick and uncle were present.

"Ava I lied about the robberer. I didn't want to make it difficult for your parents. Since, it is dangerous I don't want to involve them" Uncle said to me.

I looked over Nick and then towards Uncle.

"I know about it. By the way I remembered that he wanted to know about the memory card. Did you guys found out something?" I asked him

He looked at me and said "Actually we did find something."

Nick was now sitting next to Uncle. So I could see straight at him. He looked surprised.

I was too surprised. "Really? What did you find? Were there any pictures of the guy?"

"Not exactly"he said.

We were dissappointed.

There was a certain picture. Since it was clicked in the dark. Nothing is clear much. According to your description ,that guy fits the description of mine. In that picture a tall guy was hovering over a shadow which was of Lauren. In the second picture I think it was taken where the poor kid was kept. It's not that clear but I think that picture kind of looked like a cross. People are working on it. We will soon find about it " he said .

Nick jerked his face and said to me " I think it's the same pendent we saw"

"I think you are correct" I said to him.

"Huh?" exclaimed uncle

"I know what you are talking about. Just a second" I said to him running towards the room.

I went over to my table and took the drawing that we made and ran to the hall.

I gave to him. Now it was his turn to get surprised.

"This is it. But how did you know ? "

"I saw this pendent hanging around his neck. After he left I made a rough sketch of it. I also saw that there were initials written on it - A.K . But it's common, how will you find about it. I said to him.