Admittance.

She was a good kisser. He could kiss her all day, his finger tracing her shapely cheekbones and delightfully attractive pointed ears as their mouths leaned over each other.

Often, when they wanted to spend an affectionate moment together, they would have to sneak to a secluded part of the castle, or Galra HQ, to share it. They found themselves tucked into a corner of Haggar's lab often, learning one another through tender touches and soft kisses.

It was, after all, the first place Allura ever made Lotor feel appreciated- strong, necessary. It was their place.

None of the other paladins, or the Galra guard, ever came into the lab. Not that they couldn't. They just never did. And often, when Lotor and Allura were there, it truly was to do research. Now that she had the power of Altean alchemy, she could much more easily decipher Haggar's notes and findings, as if she'd had the tools to do so all along.

But sometimes, in quiet moments between them, when they were both leaning over a particularly interesting set of scientific logs, the excitement of their findings and their growing feelings for each other would cause their lips and hands to find minds of their own.

Neither could really complain.

Of course, the one thing that bothered both of them was not being able to tell... anyone.

The Galra were still rather prejudiced against Alteans, and halflings and ... well, the galaxy as a whole, despite Lotor's best effort to change the way the empire was being ruled.

And the paladins? They trusted him with reluctance, at best. Still rather disliked him, at worst. To find him engaging in a romantic relationship with not only their princess, but one of their dearest friends might spark something .... malignant.... between the group of them. Alliances may fall and friendships disintegrated.

Lotor didn't want Allura's relationship with the paladins jeopardized, nor did he want their alliance to have any sort of reason to crumble.

Still...

"We should just tell them about us," Lotor announced suddenly, one day, looking up from his holoscreen and directly at Allura's profile where she was focused on a piece of data across the lab, "We can't keep sneaking around like we have been, Princess. This is not right. Not at all! It'll be easier for us all, don't you think?"

Allura had a secret, one that she tried so hard to hide and yet again and again it kept creeping up on her. She kept telling herself that it would be alright, that she could get through this. Last night she had a scare and only her mice knew about it. However she knew that Coran was beginning to suspect something "Lotor," She said her mate's name "They're going to find out soon. I won't be able to hide it. I fully agree with you."

"I know." Lotor replied. "That's why we need to tell them of our interactions on a romantic level and that....we're going to...."

"We'll need to tell them that I won't be able to fit into my paladin armor soon" She interrupted, turning towards him and walking over before guiding his hand to stomach.

"I understand. You'll have to seek out another Paladin to replace you, am I correct in my assumptions?" Lotor observed, feeling the little one in her abdomen. "Voltron cannot be one Paladin down."

She nodded. "I thought you would be much happier at the news," She said and removed her hand from his with a soft frown of concern. "Please, Lotor, you're not yourself, tell me what's wrong."

"I am delighted at the news, Allura." Lotor responded. "My apologies if I seem rather distant -- but the Galra Empire is tearing itself asunder.... and I am concerned with the welfare of all still under my rule. More and more Galra Commanders are separating themselves from the Empire.... following Sendak's lead. I cannot keep relying upon you and Voltron to help. I feel powerless to stop this."