yours, 003

³
breaking out

"YOU GUYS GO first. It will be less likely that you will be caught that way," Corbyn said in a whispering tone, keeping his eyes on the bars he was removing from the prison window. "If anything happens to us, or you, i love you, Corbs. Thank you for protecting my brother and i, we will be forever grateful," The former blond only nodded as he placed the metal bars on the floor, letting his lips place a kiss on Ashton's forehead as a goodbye and copying his movements for his younger brother, Mikey. "Now go, we will meet each other by the lake. Next Thursday, eight-thirty, don't forget," Nods were exchanged, before the siblings disappeared out the window and were never seen again.

Corbyn could hear the rushed footsteps come his way, his figure disappearing through the opening in the wall. His body was balanced as he walked on the rope with the most focus he could create, but the yelling and lights were too distracting. His body was swaying and it was like his shoes had lost their grip. Now he was hanging down by his arms, sweat running down his neck and back. His fingers were slipping, Corbyn was failing. His plan was failing. And with that thought in mind, he used all of his strength and energy to get back on top of that rope, feet flat.

He was out of breath, but steady. Corbyn's heart was racing, cautiously finishing the end of the line.

His freedom was in reach, it was one more jump. Staring at the grass that would be under his feet in a minute, his mind ran along the thoughts in his head. Daniel stood there, staring up at him, his arms reached out to hug the older boy tightly. Corbyn's smile grew, he could have that. He could actually experience love, the only thing he had to do was get out, jump.

"There!" A loud yell was heard, the light shining onto the rope he had just walked across on. And Corbyn's head was silent, mind shut off as he jumped and ran with long strides of his feet.

Daniel sat on the couch in his living room, his mother joining him and sparking up conversation from time to time, but Keri knew their relationship was broken and the boy was only now getting comfortable around his family again. "It's pretty stupid how she fell for him, though," Daniel laughed, while his mother raked her fingers through his brunet hair. "Yeah, it is," His mother let out a sigh, looking at her son with confusion. In the movie they were watching the girl had been abducted, her captors being two murderers, who started taking a liking in her and didn't dare let her go. They protected her and she fell for one of them, murdering the partner in crime without a doubtful thought in her mind, they had changed her and one of them had to pay for those changes. It wasn't all like Daniel's experiences, but Keri saw far too much similarities.

"Mommy?" Daniel hesitated to call her that, but sat up confidently and looked her in the eyes. "Are you mad at me?" "Why would i be mad at you, sweetheart?" She placed her hand on his cheek, wiping his fallen tears from his cheeks. "Because i didn't want to go home to you and dad," He whispered, guilt rushing through his body. They cared for him, he knew, but it was scary. So scary, because they always told him they did, but he never dared to believe those words. "Are you mad because of that?" There were a few seconds of silence that clenched Daniel's heart in their fist, but Keri soon answered seeing him in distress. "I'm not mad, of course i'm not mad. Are you crazy? I love you, baby. You should know i would never be mad at you for something so stupid. It wasn't your fault, not at all. It was his and you know it yourself, too, right?" Daniel nodded, not believing her words. He knew she was angry with him, but she would never show. 

"I'm sorry. I never meant to upset you in any way," Keri hugged him tightly, only tightening her grip as she heard his sniffles. It was never his fault in Keri's eyes, she felt it was hers. She failed to protect her child. Keri had promised all these year ago that she would always keep him safe, when he imagined a monster under his bed, or when he scraped his knees playing at the playground, she was always there to protect him, but this time she had failed and she could see her son continued to suffer from her mistake.

"I'm not upset with you, Daniel. You're here now, that's all that matters," She let her lips linger on his forehead, before she looked into his dull eyes. "This all," She motioned around them. "It's not your fault. You were never at fault in any way. He manipulated you, Daniel. You aren't at fault and you should remember that. I'm not upset with you and never have been. I love you, sweetheart and i want you to know that wherever you go, or whatever you do, i'll always be here for you. Okay?" He nodded with a smile, leaning his head on her shoulder. Keri held him tightly, not letting go of her precious human until morning, when Daniel had to return to school.

Corbyn kept on his jog, hiding in the shadows, while listening to the loud sirens running through the town on their search for him. He was still cautious of resting, although he had long ago left the prison's property. 

He looked up at the night sky, watching the stars twinkle as it was cloudless and clear blue. He had missed the stars when he was locked in his prison cell. He wasn't able to see them clearly through the bars, but now he was free. He could just look up and feel all the memories he had once made.

When the brunet had looked forward again, he saw it. The beautiful steps leading up to the front door of his brother's home. The teenager chose to quickly sneak to the side, climbing up the side of the house like he had millions of times before, when Jordan was visiting home.

He knocked on the window softly, letting his brother's widened eyes settle on his figure. Jordan quickly unlocked the window, opening it and helping his brother inside. Once the older had entered, his younger brother locked he window tightly and closed the blinds behind it with the adrenaline rushing through his veins.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Jordan yelled at his brother in a whispering tone, hugging him tightly nevertheless. "I- I broke out. Oh, my God, i broke out!" Corbyn cheered with a laugh, finding it unbelievable himself. "It worked, it fucking worked," The brunet chuckled, while his only family member left was looking at him with his mouth agape and his eyes wide. "You broke out?" Jordan yelled loudly, quickly silencing himself. "Are you fucking crazy?" He slapped his older brother across the cheek as a reaction, not thinking twice about it, while Corbyn whimpered loudly. "W-well, they say i a-am," "This is no time for jokes, Corbyn! Are you out of your fucking mind?" Jordan scolded the boy, taking Corbyn's wrist in his hand.

"I'm s-sorry," Corbyn whimpered, silent sobs now leaving his parted lips. "You're fucking crazy. You're out of your damn mind, Besson," Corbyn's cries only got louder,  his brother continuing to tell him all he did wrong, as id Corbyn himself didn't know already. He didn't mean to, Corbyn never meant to do anyone harm. "I'm sorry, i'm s-sorry," He repeated those words over and over again, his cries not settling down.

"What more do y-you want from m-me?" Corbyn yelled at the younger boy. He couldn't take it anymore. He couldn't have his brother be so furious with him. "I'm s-sorry, okay," Corbyn whimpered, leaning his head down on his tucked in knees. "I'm sorry,"