SELOZAR x ZalcusOfSorrow

Sweat ran down his forehead. Today was the day, Valentines Day. Selozar wasn't a very anxious guy, but something about the situation made his stomach twist and his hands to grip his hat tightly. 

Selozar was going to ask Sorrow to be his Valentine, and he couldn't be more nervous. 

He rarely ever felt nervous, only really when Albert was by himself with Alone. You never really would know if Alone would randomly strike, so he sometimes worried about Albert's safety. But something about this was a different type of nervous, something he really couldn't explain. 

Whenever he interacted around Sorrow, he always felt butterflies in his stomach, his cheeks were heated and he sometimes stuttered, which he never stuttered. In desperation to find out what was wrong with him, he went to Uleanra. The red-head laughed at Selozar and merely told him he was in love, before asking who it was. He was thankful he only said his symptoms and kept Sorrow anonymous, or Uleanra probably would've told Alone, which he didn't want to deal with being lectured about why he shouldn't be in 'love'. 

When Albert had come over he mentioned Valentines Day and asked Selozar jokingly to be his Valentine. Selozar, of course, was confused and asked about this certain day. Albert had blinked and just explained it to him, he was confused at first, but then remembered the three myths probably weren't human, so wouldn't know of his traditions or accustoms. 

So here he was. He continued walking, not looking his best, but just his normal self. His attention turned to a patch of flowers. Selozar paused his walking and pondered, thinking about what Albert had said. 

"Albert said... you should get someone a gift.. like 'chalk-lets' or flowers or a 'toy'..?" He said as he had walked over to the patch. 

He bent down onto his knees and inspected the beautiful plants. He would feel slightly bad for plucking them, but Albert said it was important. "Show the person you care.." He repeated Albert's words as he picked some flowers. He ended up with a semi-sloppy bouquet of marigolds and daisies. He especially thought of Sorrow when he picked the marigolds, they were orange, and reminded him of her. 

With a bouquet of white, orange, and yellow flowers in his hands, he got up and continued walking. 

--

Selozar's heart was definitely pounding now, straight out of his chest. He stopped in front of the Zalcus's door. His clenched fist hovered over the door. He took a deep breath and knocked. He waited patiently. "Alright, you can do this.. I can do this." He took another breath. He knocked again, thinking they didn't hear him. 

ZalcusOfRed opened the door a second later. "I thought you would have gone away, but here you are. What do you want Selozar." The Zalcus' knew briefly of Selozar, only because he hung out with Sorrow. Red noticed Selozar holding something behind his back and saw a tiny bit of the flower's stems. 

"Oh. It's that stupid day today huh?" Selozar nodded. "May Sorrow come out? I need to talk to her." Red grumbled and left the door and back inside. Selozar waited awkwardly at the doorway, not wanting to intrude or looking into the household, so he whistled and looked away. 

Less than a minute later, Red came from the side with Sorrow. Selozar turned his head back to look at the pair and he felt his cheeks heat up. A smile tugged at his lips and Sorrow shared it. "Hello Selozar. It is good to see you." She didn't want to act too excited, the Zalcus probably wouldn't like that. Red grumbled again, seemingly knowing what was going to happen. "Yeah yeah. You two get outta here before you do the stupid thing. Go." He seemed very irritated at this point and shoved Sorrow towards Selozar. Sorrow stumbled slightly but she caught herself. Selozar glared at Red but he just turned around and went into another room. 

Selozar rolled his eyes and his smile returned. "Here, I got something for you." Sorrow seemed surprised. "For me...?" "Yeah," Selozar revealed the bouquet of flowers. Sorrow gasped. "Selozar.... these are beautiful...! Thank you!" 

He swore his heart skipped a beat. "It's nothing really." Sorrow held the bouquet in her hands and smelled the flowers. "And they smell wonderful!" Selozar looked around and spotted a vase. "May I?" She followed his direction. "Oh of course." Selozar took the bouquet and the vase and went into the small kitchen. He filled it with water and put the flowers in. They seemed to immediately bloom more at the water. "I'll put this in your room." Sorrow seemed confused but she let it slide. 

Selozar came back out and held her hand. "Here.. I wanna show you something." "Oh?" "Just trust me." The two left the house, not before closing the door behind them. They walked down the path. 

"Where are we going Selozar?" He turned to look at her and smiled again. "It's a secret." Sorrow pouted slightly in defeat. "Okay.." The two went silent again, enjoying each other's company as they walked.

--

"Alright Sorrow, we're here." She felt her eyes being covered. "What's so important about this anyways?" Selozar suddenly felt discouraged. "D-Don't worry. You'll like it, I promise." Sorrow sighed and walked blindly as Selozar guided her. "Watch your step." He warned and Sorrow lifted her foot to avoid it. She felt Selozar shove her slightly. "Okay you can put your foot down, just had to step over a rock." "A rock? Where are you taking me." "I don't want to ruin the surprise." "Fine..." The two made their way with occasional stops so Sorrow wouldn't fall. "Alright. We're finally at our destination." "The build-up for this has been quite unique." Selozar chuckled. "My mistake." 

He uncovered Sorrow's eyes, in which she opened them only to be amazed. They were standing underneath a weeping cherry tree, which white petals fell lightly with the breeze. The grass was green er than anything she's seen and the lake in front of them had a beautiful blue that glittered with the sunlight. There were so many white flowers, it made it look like snow. Everything looked like a scene straight out of a movie. "Selozar... it's so beautiful...!" She truly was at lost for words when she observed everything around her.

"I'm glad you like it. I come here often and every time it never gets old." He paused, taking a deep breath and exhaling. "Sorrow, that's not the real reason I brought you here.." She looked at him confused. "The real reason.. is.." 

He felt the butterflies again, and it felt like there was a frog caught in his throat. Why is this so hard?! "The r-reason is... I-I.." "Yes..?" She held his hand in encouragement. "You can tell me anything Sel." His heart was actually exploding. His cheeks were red and even on his black face she noticed it. 

"I..I-I like you.... I like you a lot.. I've h-had these feelings ever since I met you and I-.. I love you Sorrow.. will... will you be my Valentine..?" He choked out. He said it, the only thing that could go wrong was rejection, though Selozar wasn't an anxious man so he didn't worry. 

"Selozar.. I.. I don't know what to say..." Selozar hoped for the best, but had the slightest bit of doubt. "I like you too.." Now it was Sorrow's turn to blush. "This place.. is wonderful.. You've done everything for me, nobodies ever done that.. How.. How could I say no..? Of course I'll be your Valentine." She leaned up and connected her lips to Selozar's. He seemed shocked and so happy, he returned it. They broke apart and smiled. They held hands as they walked over to the trunk of the tree and sat against it. Sorrow leaned against Selozar as they stared at the lake. Their hands remained intertwined in the grass. 

"Happy Valentines Day Sorrow." "Happy Valentines Day Selozar." 

--

The End.

===

HELLO! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!