9. out of hand

later that night i felt sad so to try and cheer myself up i went and drove around but i still couldn't shake the feeling

i texted lip to ask if he was awake. he responded back a minute later so i told him i was going to drive to his house.

when i got there, i saw him in his boxer shorts and he put on a button up shirt from the bike shop but he didn't button it up, which exposed his chest.

"hey, what's going on, babe?" lip asked me as i got out of my car.

"i just feel so much like shit. i mean, you could've had a child of your own and i took that away from you." i said as i felt tears fall down my face.

"mel, it's not your fault." lip said looking up into my teary eyes.

"we almost had a future together but then it was all taken away, just like that." i said as i ran my fingers through my hair and i ended up falling to the ground.

"mel, we're still gonna have a future together, i promise you." lip told me as he held me close to him.

"i just can't be alone tonight, please." i said as i looked up at lip and he nodded.

he picked me up bridal style and he brought me into the house and he made it up the stairs to his room and put me down on the bed.

i started to cry again and he pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around me and let me cry on his chest. eventually, i fell asleep like that.

i woke up the next morning to see lip was awake and he was still sleeping beside me.

"i'm sorry for freaking out last night." i said as lip kissed my temple.

"don't be sorry. you can always come to me." lip told me.

-

sierras father was let out of prison. she was scared and upset about it so i was letting her and lucas crash at my apartment for awhile.

sierra had opened up to me about the night her father killed her mother, she saw it all happen, her and neil. afterwards i told lip and we both wanted to come up with a plan to get him back in jail.

"okay, i have a plan but i don't think you're gonna like it." lip told me.

"okay, what is it?" i asked him.

"you stay over at the sidewalk and record while i go talk to sierras dad and try to get him to fight me." lip explained as i let out a sigh.