THE SECURITY EXPERT

CHAPTER 3

ARIA put the window down in the side of the car she is driving. She was at the main entrance of the pack territory where two werewolves were standing on both sides.

She knew that several wolves were following her car the moment she entered the pack territory about 3 miles back. They were just being discreet as they run behind the trees.

"May I know your reason for entering this pack?" Asked by the young man in her side. In all fairness, his manner is very polite knowing that she came unannounced.

"I was sent by Alpha Li Jun of Lang-Neugdae. You can verify it with your alpha."

She wait for a moment as the young man's eyes become cloudy. He must have been mind linking the alpha.

"You drive ahead for about a mile. You can see a children's playground out front. You turn right. The first building is the main office. Alpha will meet you there."

"Thank you."

She did not bother to close the window. The werewolves that has been following her did not bother to conceal themselves. They run beside her, one in each side of the car, as she drive through the main part of the territory.

She saw the alpha in front of the office building as she find a parking space. She also put her aviator on and get her laptop bag before getting out of the car.

She noticed how the alpha's nose flare as she walk towards him. The guy beside him was frowning while looking at her.

"What crawl up your ass, alpha?" She greeted when she was about 3 meters away from them.

She earned a loud growl from the other guy. He was about to jump over when the alpha put his arm up to stop him.

She stopped walking and look up. She put her aviator atop her head and smirk. The alpha smirked back.

"I miss you, Aria." Ben said as he tackled her with a tight hug. She giggled like a little girl and hug him back.

"I miss you, too. Alpha."

"That's Aria?" Asked the surprised guy. He did not moved from where he was. He recognized him as his brother's best friend, Andrew.

"Hello, beta." She waved her hand since it was the only thing that she can moved from her brother's embrace.

"You should have told the sentinels out there who you are."

"And missed your grand welcome? No way, Ben."

"Come inside. Mom would be very happy to see you."

They walked towards the building. Her brother's arm was stuck in her shoulder. The beta no longer followed them.

Nostalgia slowly creep inside her when they entered the alpha's office.

Eight years ago, her father talked to her in this very place. The four corners of this room was the silent the witness when her own father pronounced her almost rogue.

She chose her own happiness than hide her identity. Alpha Noah gave her until morning to pack her bag. She was at least given a chance to say goodbye to her mother and brother.

"How are you, li'l sis?"

Her eyes followed him as he sat in the alpha's chair where their father used to be.

"I'm good."

She looked around. Their parents picture was still there. She smiled when she saw Ben and hers' picture when they were kids.

"Are these your pups?" She asked when she saw the picture of two kids atop her brother's table. A young boy about five years old is holding the hand of a toddler with pigtails.

"They are. The third baby is on the way."

She smiled wider. The glow of happiness is showed in her brother's demeanor.

"I'm happy for you."

"Where have you been?"

"I've been almost everywhere."

"I'm pleased that life has been good to you, Aria."

"Me, too."

"You should have come home sooner. I would have welcome you back."

"I know."

"What brings you here? Not that I'm not happy you are here."

She made a fake cough before taking a deep breath.

"What I have told your sentinel when I entered the pack territory was true. I was sent by Alpha Li Jun of Lang-Neugdae."

The surprised in his brother's face is priceless. She wanted to laugh.

"Lang Li Jun?" She nodded. "That's why he didn't tell me the name of his security expert." She nodded again.

"I designed the lay-out of security in his pack."

Her brother did not say a word but his face said it all. He was proud of her. She wanted to cry. It only confirmed that she did well.

"Can you tell me the previous problems you had concerning the security of the pack?"

Ben smiled when she get down to business.

The sun was set when they left the office. They were still talking about the pack security when they decided to leave the office.

Aria almost stagger when a body collide with her. She was engulf in a warm embrace. She breath in her mother's scent when she recognized her.

A tear escaped her eyes while her mother sob in her shoulder.

"I miss you, baby girl."

"Same here, momma."

She blinked when a flash of light hit her eyes. Diana smiled when their eyes met. She was holding a mobile phone.

Diana is her brother's mate that makes her the luna. She already met her before she left the pack.

"It's almost time for dinner. Let's go."

"Thank you, Diana. I mean Luna. However, I would like to decline. I had a long day. I would like to know where I stay."

She almost take back what she said when she saw the sadness in her mother's face when she said that but she really wanted to take a rest. She is really tired.

"You can stay in your old room."

"Mom, her old room is a little dusty, don't you think?" Ben butted in. She sent him a grateful smile. He smiled back. "I'll send dinner in your room together with the things you need."

"Thank you."

Ben motioned him to follow him. The former luna reluctantly let her go. She kissed her mother's temple. She nearly smiled when she realized that she grew a few inches since she left.

They were of the same height then but now, her mom just reached her nose.

"Goodnight, Mom." She nodded at Diana before following her brother's footsteps.