1. distant

ship: mcuckles
this is sad i'm sORRY
i promise i'll have something soft soon

"you've been so distant lately and you're not the same person i knew when we met."
jays words were like knives dragged across masons skin.
like nails on a chalkboard.
"jay, i.. im not trying to be distant, i swear" the dirty blonde boy pleads to his boyfriend.
"why haven't you hung out with me lately?" jay questioned.
"we used to go on so many dates, we had our whole lives planned."
masons eyes filled with tears.
he had been distant.
he had been locking himself up in his own room for days, not speaking to anybody.
mason had been questioning himself lately.
questioning if he's good enough, if he's worth it-
"-are you even paying attention?" jay snaps his fingers in front of mason.
from blinking, tears start to trickle down his flushed face.
he doesn't speak a word to his angry boyfriend, but his eyes say a million.
"mason.." jay says in a softer voice
"please, tell me what's going on."
and he let go.
he let everything go.
"jay.. i'm not good enough for you. hell- you deserve someone ten times better than me. i.. really, i- i don't deserve you. you're too good for me. what did i do to get you? im a shitty boyfriend, and a shitty friend to the guys. you shouldn't have to deal with me."
jay stared at the younger boy, tears now threatening to fall from his eyes as well.
he felt it.
he felt masons pain, through every word, through every syllable, every shaky breath mason took, he felt it.
"mason.. no.. no, don't think that, please. you're perfect for me. you're my soulmate, my boy, my reason. everything about you gives me butterflies, mace. i don't deserve you." jay reassured the now crying boy in front of him, rubbing his shoulder.
mason wiped his tears and wrapped his arm around jays neck.
this is what mason needed the most.